Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

+2
It's Kruger
Shad0wChas3r
6 posters

[OOC] Operation: Toreador

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

[OOC] Operation: Toreador Empty [OOC] Operation: Toreador

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 29th 2015, 6:46 pm

Hello everyone, this is the official Out of Character topic for our latest attempt at a Collaboration here on the Halo Database.

Some things you should know. The setting of this collaboration takes place on a Gas Mine in the far reaches of the Solar System. Unlike the Gas Mine in orbit of Threshold *the planet Delta Halo orbited*, this Gas Mine will be planet-side.

The objective is this:

Posted by Bad John:

First, regarding the setting. Unlike the Halo 2 Gas Mine in which the Heretics made their stand, I think maybe this mine could be terrestrial, based over a massive canyon on an inhabitable planet. The initial approach to get in would involve ground transport, and punching through the enemy's small vehicular armada, since they have anti-air wraiths on deck. So, right of the bat we'd have some Mad Max action.

Second, the boss. He's referred to by a name that's somewhat incompatible with human language, but translates loosely into bullfighter. Thus, the operation itself could be called something along the lines of "Operation: TOREADOR." Sounds pretty good to me.

His name is Tuk Nitram. He's known for being particularly charismatic and strong, the descendant of a famous sangheili game hunter. Even without all his fucked up upgrades, he's a deft swordsman, and has killed at least four Spartans in single combat with his unusual, unpredictable and potent swordsmanship. He's very large for a Sangheili, and was blessed with sharp reflexes and intelligence. He commanded Jiralhanae and Sangheili alike, and was quite respected.

His fall from grace came when he made an attempt on the Arbiter's life. The Arbiter, aided by Usze 'Taham, was able to subdue him, and ordered him put to death. However, his head never made it to the chopping block. He was rescued by Jul M'dama's forces. Swearing loyalty, he fought on Requiem, where he led a devastatingly effective response team, killing several marines. However, he abandoned Jul's forces with a large following of Sangheili, believing Jul to be incompetent and beneath him.

He waged his own largely futile war against the UNSC, using hit and run strategies, and ducking or eliminating Marine and Spartan squads sent to kill him. He recruited pirates, Jiralhanae raiders, a rogue colony of spacefaring buggers, and eventually performed his greatest feat; he located and killed a San Shyuum who was sitting on a small cache of forerunner artifacts. He modified his armor, and revealing his new, terrible power, he gained the undying loyalty of his soldiers.

He staged a heist on ONI property, kidnapping a human allied Huragok, and took refuge in a Forerunner gas mine, nearby the wreckage of a Covenant Supercarrier of unknown origin.

Nitram is said to have located something of particular interest to the UNSC; a pod containing a single, living UNSC asset. A relic from Operation: UPPERCUT. Jorge-052.

At some point he *Tuk*  fucks up and unleashes the Flood, and it's a scramble to take the artifact away him. A sorta three way struggle, with this Elite as the final boss of sorts. He could have Merg Vol's abilities, possessing multiple holograms, dual wielded energy swords, and the ability to attract and repel matter similar to the Didact as a side effect of his integration of Forerunner Combat Skin tech into his own combat harness.

The mission is simple. Eliminate Nitram and his lieutenants, retrieve the Forerunner artifacts installed in his Combat Harness, rescue the kidnapped Engineer, and locate Jorge's cryo pod.

Oh, and kill literally everyone there, if it's possible.

We are also going to be trying a few new things with this Collab. These are some basic rules and guidelines we're setting into place to hopefully get this project off of the ground, in the air for a while, and touch back safely into completion.

- Absolutely NO Planet Cracker nuclear ordinance drops!
    *Blaine will deny any and all requests, and likely bitch slap your ass from Jericho VII to Reach and back.

-Minimal Vehicle Usage.

While I know everyone loves to drive Pumas, Scorpions *6 pedals and 4 directions... whaaa.*, and UFOs, we'll be limiting the Vehicle usage to a few isolated moments. Which will be used at the DM's discretion. For now, assume that we are using drop pods to enter the combat zone, perhaps a singular Scorpion to cut through the Anti-Air Wraiths.

If lady Luck is on your side, I may even allow for the occasional air strike.

-There will be a DM/GM *Dungeon Master/Game Master* for this collab.

It's pretty straight forward. The DM/GM of the collab is the one that helps move it along in whatever way possible. If you require a break from writing in the Collab, the DM is at liberty to post in the place of you to help progress the story.

This will help stop any and all road blocks. One of the largest killers of our past Collabs have been from members needing a break from the story. Hype is killed and the story is dropped faster than a sick beat from Eminem. For this Collab *and perhaps future ones* I will be your DM/GM. Know that my only 'power' in this collab is to post in your stead to keep the ball rolling.

At no point am I allowed to tell you how to post, where to go, or anything of that sort. Likewise, I will NEVER compromise your character in a way that tries to undermine their abilities whatsoever.

-Breaks will be allowed.

I understand everyone that hopes to participate will be busy as all hell. This is why I introduced the idea of the DM/GM. If you need a break, just mention so in this thread and I will gladly find a way to advance your character's progression.

-Inventory system is a MUST!

If our team of soldiers is going to take this sum bitch down, we need to work as a unit. Therefore, at the end of every post we will be required to post an inventory for our characters *as the DM will most certainly be required to for when he takes over*. This small segment at the end of each post will give your character's current status in the battle.

There will be color coding attached to this segment. Primary necessities will be as follows:

Name: Blaine-115
    Health: Perfect*Color=#009966* , Wounded*Color=#ff9933* , Near Death *Color=ff6666*, Unconscious *Color=0066ff*.
    Weapons and Ammo:
    Primary: DMR: 20/20 Clips , 19-6/20 Clips, 5-0/20 Clips. *15 rounds each clip*
    Plasma Rifle: Full Charge, Moderate Charge, Low Charge *1% Charge depletion after every four rounds. It is to be assumed that anything below 40 percent is a low charge*
    Frag/Plasma/Forerunner Grenades: 2 Frags, 2 Plasmas, 2 Forerunners.

Some things to keep in mind: If your character is unconscious, another character will need to either manually revive them *Halo 5 Campaign style*, or the Author will skip their next turn. We don't need filler posts about John day dreamin' about Lucy's chest in the middle of the collab. Neither do we need Manuel doing that same thing Razz .

You are also welcome to have a character die, however, keep in mind that, while I'm the king of Necromancy on this site, I will NOT permit bringing dead characters back for this. So I hope you brought a backup/not your main character.

If you wanna feign death and skip a couple of turns, just to have a dramatic entrance. By all means, feel free to do so. I'ma crack the whip hard on this one, even if I have to type the whole damn thing myself, we WILL see this collab done!

Right, so every post beyond this one will be set for discussion, and character sheet. May the final stages of conception for this project COMMENCE!

EDIT: Blaine will be briefing the lot of you for the first post of the actual collab. So please bear that in mind.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

[OOC] Operation: Toreador Empty Re: [OOC] Operation: Toreador

Post  Bad John July 29th 2015, 8:45 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:We don't need filler posts about John day dreamin' about Lucy's chest in the middle of the collab.

Yes we do.

Shad0wChas3r wrote:Neither do we need Manuel doing that same thing :P

WHAT

Manny, you looking at my woman?!

Lol. Jk. You better not be tho.

I'll be enlisting with John, with Lucy as part of the extraction/fire support team, if there is one. Like, say Josh strafes some enemies from the Pelican to give us an assist, Lucy would be in the side with her rifle scoping things out and acting as eyes in the sky.

Here's a quick once over of the both of them:

Name: John B069
    Class: Spartan III Commando
    Appearance: A dark skinned young man. Fairly average height for a Spartan. Has brown eyes and black hair.
    Armor: Mjolnir Gen 2: ALKE Variant
    Armor Appearance: A recently developed offshoot of EVA armor, ALKE has a full shield mask with a UA reinforcement bar, its helmet similar to the current generation EVA helmet, a light, smooth chest plate, medium sized thrusters, small shoulder pauldrons, and smooth leg and forearm fixtures. His armor is dark brown with silver trim, a jet black bodysuit, and a dark blue visor.
    Weapons: Modified M7 SMG, M6C Magnum, ARC 920 Railgun, 2 Fragmentation Grenades, 2 Thermite Grenades, Combat Knife
    Armor Ability: Hard Light Shield

Name: Lucy-B055
    Class: Spartan III Commando
    Appearance: A light skinned woman. She sports dark brown hair and blue eyes, and is of fairly average height.
    Armor: Mjolnir Gen 2: Deadeye Variant
    Armor Appearance: A long range combatant, she sports Deadeye armor. Her armor is purple with a black bodysuit, a bandolier of varied rifle ammunition including anti-personnel, anti vehicle, and a rarely seen thermite round that can light enemies on fire. The calves and boots of her suit were designed for increased flexibility when on the move.
    Weapons: SRS99C-S2 AMB Sniper Rifle, M6H Magnum
    Armor Ability: Promethean Vision

Last edited by Bad John on August 20th 2015, 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 29th 2015, 9:19 pm

Character Sheet(s)

Name/ Classification:

Health:

Weapons and Ammo:

-Primary Weapon:
        -

-Secondary Weapon:
        -
    -Grenades:

*Notes:

*Notes will be used for new arrival characters that us fellow Authors may not know about. This will be a brief synopsis on the character, their traits, notable qualities, perhaps their unique skillz, etc.

For starters, we can't forget the big man himself.

Name/ Classification: S-II Adml. Blaine-115

Health: *N/A*

Weapons and Ammo:

-Primary Weapon:
        -DMR: 20/20 Clips

-Secondary Weapon:
        -??? *will be announced in time*

-Grenades:
        - 4 Fragmentation Grenades.

*Notes: While he will be participating, Blaine will not actually have boots on the ground until AFTER the Anti-Air Wraith threat is neutralized. Until that point he will be acting as the team's 'Eye in the Sky' from the bridge of the Aura/Infinity *whichever you guys prefer*. Also, following Halo 4's Campaign, Blaine's old Recon helmet has been retired. Therefore, he is now outfitted with the Prototype Armor Variant: Colossus

Name/ Classification: S-IV ONI Operative Rear Adml. Autumn Harlowe.

Weapons and Ammo:

-Primary Weapon:
        -Submachine Gun. Clips: 20

-Secondary Weapon:
        -M6B MK VI Handgun.
    This is a modified M6B Officer's Handgun fashioned solely for Operative Harlowe on field missions. Dual-Clip modification, burst-fire system modification, enhanced zoom. Clips: 15 dual clips *total of 30*.

-Grenades:
        - 4 Fragmentation Grenades.

*Notes: Caring, loyal, occasionally blunt. Autumn is a great member of the team in that she is fast on her feet. She works more as an intelligence collector, relying on active camouflage and her quick wits to get in an out of a situation. When it comes to combat, she was trained personally by Spartan Blaine-115, one of the most notorious Spartan-II's on board the Infinity.

She will be the primary character going in with the group from the get-go. She is known to wear the: COPPERHEAD Mjolnir Variant armor. The same as Olympia Vale, a woman she has encountered numerous times at ONI.

Likewise, you can feel free to use John's Character sheet. Whichever is better for you personally.

Last edited by Shad0wChas3r on August 2nd 2015, 7:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 29th 2015, 9:34 pm

Name/ Classification: S-III Lieut. John-B069

Health: N/A

Weapons and Ammo:

Primary Weapon:  
       - Modified DMG M7 Submachine Gun. 20 Clips.

Secondary Weapon:
       - M6C Magnum. 15 Clips

Grenades:
    - 2 Fragmentation, 2 Thermite

Notes: Fast witted, a deft hand to hand combatant, and a bit of a daredevil, John is an asset wherever he is on the battlefield, but is a godsend in close quarters. He has a stellar success rate in fighting even the larger species of Covenant up close, and is noteworthy for engaging and killing a hunter pair unarmed on Requiem. If he were any better, they'd call him Hyper Lethal.

Name/ Classification: S-III Lieut. Lucy-B055

Health: N/A

Weapons and Ammo:

Primary Weapon:
       -  SRS99C-S2 AMB Sniper Rifle. 50 Clips

Secondary Weapon:
       - M6H Magnum. 10 Clips

Grenades:
       - None

Notes: A deft sniper, Lucy is known for never giving ground once situated, and seemingly disappearing when detected, moving silently and keeping a low profile. She's also known for not cutting people slack. She can be fairly sarcastic and demanding, especially while working, but she does love to have fun, and can be a joy when you get to know her.

She will not be participating in the ground assault. Serving as an informant and part of the evac team, she will serve as fire support, and an eye in the sky, using her range-enhanced Promethean Vision to observe danger from afar and warn the team of incoming hazards.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 29th 2015, 10:09 pm

Once the Anti-Air Wraiths are out of the way, the team will gain access to 'perks' from the Aura/Infinity.

One of these such perks, as John said, is a Golden Eagle air-strike. With this, Morgan, Phil, or Josh will fly over the combat zone, use the target locator to target bogeys, and launch glorious explosive death on the enemies.

In some scenarios, this can be used for recon. With a camo system engaged, the Pelican can fly overhead, using heat signatures and Lucy's hawk-eyes to spot enemies from above. More importantly, it can provide silence.

Also, thanks to Bailey's very useful works on tele-pad technology, there will be a perk where Morgan *yes, that old Scottish bastard* will drop down in a Grizzly tank. He'll proceed to blow fuckers away like flames on a birthday cake until he's out of ammo. Following that, Bailey can just teleport the rig back up into the ship.

The thing about these perks, however, is they have a 'reload' cycle. For example, each phase of this Collab will allow no more than two 'Perks'. If we decide we really just wanna move along with the story, we can opt to call Scottie boy in a Golden Eagle and blast the fuckers away. However, after the explosions and meat wads have finally settled, the Golden Eagle will require returning to the Infinity to refuel and rearm itself, and cannot be used for the remainder of that segment.

Same goes with the Grizzly. In case we don't want a whole bunch of fireworks, nor do we need a recon drone, some perks will also be Power weapon drops. These weapons, unfortunately, will only have one use *to keep it fair to the others*.

As an added thing, to ensure that we aren't just flaunting our perks like the rich flaunt their wealth, we'll be using a 'gambling' system of sorts. Upon a request, I will have a program on the website that generates a number between 1-10. The person that filed the requisition must guess this number, or be off by 1 digit, to receive the requisition.

However, because I don't want it all to be on chance. If you fail the requisition the first time, after a few authors have had a chance to write their peace, you may request again. Upon requesting again, you will be granted it without having to guess. This will give you time to decide if you want the same requisition or not. Perhaps the scenario has changed a bit? Instead of that Spartan Laser you wanted, now you decided you needed some good ol' Scottish Retribution.

Thoughts?

Ideas for Perks so far:

Golden Eagle *Modified Pelican*

-Assault: Morgan, Scott, Phil, Josh, or occasionally Darryl will pilot the Golden Eagle into a combat zone. Using a Target Locator system *in tandem with Lucy's Promethean Vision*, the Pilot will lock onto all targets  and obliterate them with the GE's weapon systems.

For the fun/sake of hilarity, occasionally, if Josh or Scott pilot the machine, they may either miss a target or 'tap' the bird into a building. Likewise, if Darryl is piloting the vessel, he won't require the target locator and will kill the enemies all the more effectively, allowing for the Assault Perk to be used again in the same 'Segment'.

The pilot will be decided via a dice roll. I have a program that has a 5 sided die generator. Each character will be given a number at the start of the collab.

-Recon: Alternatively, the same pilots mentioned in the Assault Perk will approach the combat zone in stealth. Using the Target Locator system *again, with Lucy's Promethean Vision*, they will paint over the targets for the team.

Again, this Perk has special character related modifiers that are likely to change the flow of battle, so it's not the same cookie cutter encounter each time.

If Scott or Josh take the 'wheel', the chances of the Golden Eagle being made and alerting the enemy is incredibly high.

If Morgan or Phil are behind the wheel, there is a fifty-fifty chance of successful stealth or not, which will be determined via coin flip.

If Darryl is behind the wheel, he will be able to approach at an appropriate, yet quiet, speed. His eyesight, in tandum with Lucy's will locate enemies faster. The fuel/energy usage will be reduced and Recon can be used again.

Notice how the Golden Eagle perks have super awesome side effects if Darryl is the pilot? If Darryl is the pilot, the Golden Eagle can return a second time in the same segment *which does NOT count as our second perk*, however, the Pilot will be different, yielding a different outcome.

------------------------------------------

Grizzly Tank: This one is pretty straight forward. No-one will contest a Scottish man who wants to ride the fucking Battlewagon. Morgan will drop from orbit in a massively modified Scorpion tank *if you've played Halo Wars, you know what a Grizzly is* and rain beautiful Scottish retribution down on the enemy. Because Morgan is the only one that will pilot the tank, there will be no special side effects for this perk.

But I assure you, Morganisms will be flying through the comms like you would NOT believe.

----------------------------------------------

Power Weapons:

Rail Gun: Halo 4 Standard Rail Gun.

Spartan Laser: Halo 3/4 Standard Linear Accelerator Cannon.

Rocket Launcher: Halo 4 Rocket Launcher.

etc.

------------------------------

Got suggestions for a perk you might like to see? Post it below!

Also, the way these perks will work is that I, after a successful requisition has been placed, will post *regardless of turn* explaining the outcome of the perk's use.

For Example, let's say the turn style went John, Vance, Manny, myself. If John made a requisition, he would complete his post as normal, then I would post next, just to give Vance an idea of what happened as a result.

So let's say John asked for a Golden Eagle Recon Perk, and the Pilot was Josh. Because Josh still isn't the best of pilots, he has a successful stealth moment, spotting the targets, but he bumped a wall on the way out, alerting the enemies regardless. This will prompt Vance to write his response to the situation.

In a similar example, let's say that Vance requested the same perk, and got Scott this time. I write in a post following Vance explaining that Scott flew in, except something failed in the electronics and the camo failed. He wasn't able to spot everyone, and Lucy had no time as they were fleeing to get an accurate count. Now Manny would have to post in response to not only being caught, but to guess how many enemies are in the area ahead.

As the Collab progresses, the effectiveness of the Recon perk will slowly diminish, as the Covenant will obviously know something is up. As a result, the Perks will have a 'Mutation' of sorts. Assault will now have an added chance of failing *due to dice roll or something*, and the Covenant expected the dropship. It takes damage, and the two Perk uses are burned immediately.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger July 31st 2015, 7:40 am

Ah. AH. AAAHHH! Okay.

Sorry. Had a little bit of drama there for a few days. I'm working Fri-Sun like every week, so don't expect much outta me this weekend. I'll at least do 1 a day, but I can't really sit down and write at work other than on Lunch Break.

I'll give all liberties of Vance to John when I'm absent. He's the only one whose written Vance besides myself.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 31st 2015, 12:02 pm

Fair enough, I don't really know much about Vance. So in the instance where you can't do a post, I'll have John write about Vance in your stead.

Anyways, I'm announcing that I won't be available this weekend either. Family is going on a camping trip. I'll likely have some way to be on the internet to check the site, but I won't be able to do any huge updates. Mostly, if you post a story or something, I'll be able to read and give you a quick; "Read: Comment coming soon." or something.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 31st 2015, 5:40 pm

I've got two alternate versions of Nitram. These have book. We can vote on the one we prefer, I suppose!

[OOC] Operation: Toreador Toread10

The first is more of your classic Elite. He'd be decently strong, but his Forerunner tech integration would be more subtle. He could have a small group of Watchers, Crawlers, and a pair of Knights guarding him at all times, he'd have a Hardlight Shield, and he'd favor an orange energy blade, along with Forerunner weapons like a Scattershots and Binary Rifles.

[OOC] Operation: Toreador Mecha_10

HERE, we have the Legendary Mode version. With physical strength that exceeds even the most powerful of Spartans, he's reverse engineered an entire Forerunner Combat Skin into a personal combat harness that he has full control of. It's incredibly resilient, augments his reflexes to the point where he can keep up with even John up close, and he's got the skill to make full use of his terrifying augmentations. He's a straight up nightmare, and you have to be a real Toreador just to keep him busy up close without being gored.

Doesn't use Long Ranged weapons, relying on his allies to fire on targets for him, and only engaging when the enemy is near enough for him to attack up close.

[OOC] Operation: Toreador Mecha_11

SNIKT
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 31st 2015, 5:59 pm

Dude, who drew these? They're epic! Also, I like the progression of the character.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John July 31st 2015, 6:02 pm

Perhaps he starts off as the first one, and he dons the more brutal armor during the final confrontation in a last ditch effort to get the fuck rid of the Spartans.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r July 31st 2015, 6:14 pm

Sounds great to me. Anyways, my trip begins now, please feel free to continue discussions in my absence. I'll be back mid-day Sunday. Take it easy guys!
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger August 1st 2015, 4:39 pm

I like the idea of his progression. Maybe midway through the operation we could face him and RoboCop the shit outta him. He's assumed KIA but slinks off in shame and begins the final augmentation he'd hesitated to have before.

His haste could be his downfall. Nitram might have a lackey who suggests he'd rest a bit, but gets ready to fight for the final conflict. And, while he roma-stomps us, someone could point out a flaw or an open wound and we exploit it to defeat him.

The DM would have to fill us in and such, but our characters would have no idea.

I donno. Just an idea. Nice to see some life on the board for once.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 2nd 2015, 7:31 pm

So far so good. All ideas seem pretty solid.

I'll probably use Manuel, use this as his intro to the group. Gives me all the more reason to finish, and it might spark my interest in Halo fan fiction again.

For starters I'd imagine he'd be a little like Noble Six entering the group. Lots of black ink on his file and new to working with others (a.k.a. more "mainstream" soldiers). I suppose Autumn would know something about him, since she's so high up with ONI.

As for enemies, I think it's be kinda cool if the Elites used more Forerunner weapons, kinda like in Spartan Ops. It would make sense since they have a cache of Forerunner tech.
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r August 2nd 2015, 8:00 pm

I had figured the Elites wielding Forerunner technology would be found further in, or reserved for the more higher ranking Elites. That whole business that the higher ranking warriors are far more deserving of their God's 'blessings'.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 3rd 2015, 12:39 am

Perhaps receiving a Forerunner weapon is something akin to being "knighted" in this subculture of mixed species. The best of the best are seen toting them. Like a Chieftain supplementing his gravity Hammer or Fuel Rod with a scattershot, or a particularly skilled Grunt Heavy being given a boltshot as a side-arm.

There could still be distinguished squads packing Forerunner heat, but the majority of the cannon fodder would be kitted with their Covenant gear.

Eh? Eh?

Also, Manny, Vale, use the template thingies. I know it's a formality, but it's bugging the crap out of me that you haven't filled out your damn template thingies.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger August 3rd 2015, 4:33 am

NEVER!
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 3rd 2015, 10:43 pm

Name: Manuel-324
    Class: Spartan II

Appearance: Black hair, tanned skin (on the lighter side), brown eyes and young (27, more on that in Project LEGION). He is also 6'11, taller than most Spartan IIIs but slightly shorter than most Spartan IIs.

Armour: Mjolnir Gen 2/Black Suit hybrid, of the ODST variant, with additional software modifications involved.

Software allows for:
    -Radar expansion into a three dimensional image to display altitude
    -Nanobots which passively upgrade and repair suit (also found in Mark VII suits)
    -Built in rectennae, allowing for increased energy input, and output, when near a calibrated generator with a transmitter (rare sight outside of Legion defences)
    -Live feed helmet cameras that project images onto the front of the visor, which can be turned on or off for manipulation of images into infrared or x-ray imaging, among other spectrum

Armour Appearance: Fairly standard looking ODST armour, with the
    exception of his visor, which is a dark shade of red.

Weapons: Prototype Battle rifle/assault rifle hybrid, magnum sidearm, prototype energy trident, 2 Fragmentation Grenades, 2 Thermite Grenades, Combat Knife

Armour Ability: Active Camo
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 4th 2015, 7:03 pm

It's Kruger wrote:Name/ Classification: Special Agent Vance-B501

Weapons and Ammo:

-Primary Weapon:
    -Shotgun: 20/20 Shells (Not Clips, sorry, kinda bugs me -Morgan)

-Secondary Weapon:
    -Magnum: 10/10 clips
    -Machete: Melee

-Grenades:
    - 2 Fragmentation Grenades
    - 2 Spike Grenades

Notes: Cocky, fast, and highly skilled, Vance is a force in melee situations, specializing in single enemies of greater size or strength, and some experience with crowd control. Somewhat well known after defeating several dangerous Forerunner AI single-handedly on Requiem. This is his first assignment since the Promethean contact and loss of combat AI.

Almost useless mid to long ranges.

>:D
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 4th 2015, 11:37 pm

COLLAB'S ON!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 5th 2015, 2:34 pm

Ideas for a few of Nitram's Lieutenants? I got one.

Harabum; a young, physically strong, up and coming Brute Chieftain. He served in the war under Nitram, and swore an oath of loyalty to the powerful elite, acting as his pet dragon of sorts.

Large, physically enduring, and armed with kinetically reinforced Chieftain Armor, he's considered a massive threat on his own, having eliminated a Spartan IV squad after the Requiem Campaign.

He wields a brute-shot, and an axe with plasma blade, that resembled a gravity hammer in size and bulk. He has several young brutes serving under him, all well trained. He regularly kills his teammates for insubordination.

He's considered a master chef, and enjoys preparing humans. He's famed for a recipe that makes humans taste exactly like Thorn Beast.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 6th 2015, 12:02 pm

Let's timeskip to our vehicles. No need to draw things out. Straight to the action!
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r August 6th 2015, 5:11 pm

I agree, posts following my follow up will have all of the team in the Golden Eagle. Touchdown will happen soon, but this will be your last chance to ask any questions of Autumn, Darryl, or Blaine before the mission begins.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 7th 2015, 12:54 am

Well my post doesn't really add much, other than the fact that people are loading up in the Golden Eagle.

Most of it is just Manuel's thoughts. He's a real quiet character for now, so there probably won't be much chit chat from him.

Just kinda felt weird if I didn't post something. It's more like an acknowledgement from Manuel that these events happened, as opposed to him just speaking a long ass time later like they didn't.

But seriously, ACTION NAO!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 8th 2015, 5:14 pm

Anyone available to move things forward in Toreador, or is this weekend a busy one?

I know Vale ain't around.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny August 8th 2015, 5:23 pm

I can try to get some work done on it today, and finish it by tomorrow. The only question I have is... What the hell does the planet even look like?

I can get creative with the gas mine, but I'm having trouble visualising the planet itself.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 4:24 pm