Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

4 posters

Metallic Knights

Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Metallic Knights - Page 2 Empty Re: Metallic Knights

Post  Bad John February 24th 2015, 7:10 pm

Octave, departing for the Gate out of the City, left Hymn alone with Pastoral for a moment. Before Hymn could exit the room, Octave's twin caught hold of his shoulder.

Hymn, a fair skinned master, wore regal armor. His left arm had a lantern shield fused to it, the hand forming a blaster in heavy combat. His left arm formed a powerful energy mace. A potent combination in mid-ranged combat. He stood a bit taller than Pastoral and Octave, but Pastoral was not intimidated. Rather, he moved forward, standing directly behind Hymn, speaking loudly and clearly.

"Saintman," Pastoral flatly stated. "If my brother doesn't come home alive and intact, I will hold you solely responsible." Pastoral's eyes were deadly serious, his free hand clenched.

Hymn rolled his eyes, turning towards Pastoral and smacking his hand off. "You honestly believe you can face m-"

Pastoral cut him off with a wave of his hand and a quick tut. "Hymn, in the past five decades, how much have you improved?" Before Hymn could answer, Pastoral continued. 

"I launched the first attack on Gamma, Saintman. I faced an Omega Unit and fought it to a standstill. I've sparred with A and S rank Robot Masters. I've trained and fought non-stop against enemies you wouldn't believe, alongside allies who have both lent me their strength and leaned on me for support; all while you've remained the same, complacently taking easy tasks without improving your abilities. So, do I believe I can destroy you? I'm unsure."

Pastoral leaned forward, his eyes glinting with genuine fury as he spoke the final word.

"Do not give me an excuse to find out."

Hymn took a step back, uncertain of how to continue. He simply scoffed. "A lion does not concern himself with the musings of sheep. Your brother's fate is his own to decide. Now stand aside, weakling."

Hymn teleported away to begin his mission, his purple beam of light washing over Pastoral, who watched it zip off.

Something didn't seem right; allowing Octave, in a weakened state, to go it alone with only Hymn to watch his back. Saintman was cruel, conniving, and would likely relish the opportunity to rid himself of competition, or at very least he would allow Octave to endure unnecessary damage if it benefited him.

"Harsh words, Pastoral." The robot master jumped with surprise when he was addressed by a smooth, calm, lilting voice. It was Lady Opera.

While not his military superior, Opera was the authority in other ways. One of the first Robot Masters, he was the spiritual guide to all whose souls were conflicted. Friendly but aloof, she was always found where she was needed. She smiled, patting Pastoral on the head.

"You don't trust Hymn to protect your brother while he's unarmed." She seemed a bit...troubled, as she mentioned Octave. "He shouldn't be forced to fight so soon after his episode. Killing humans is a serious offense. I wish he'd had a chance so speak to me before being sent out."

Pastoral nodded. "...He didn't mean to. He just snapped."

"You needn't reckon his sins. Just go after him. Look after him, as you always do." Opera smiled, giving Pastoral a bump on the head with the side of her hand. "Go."

"But I wasn't assigned to-"

"You're going to go no matter what the rules say. Quit dwelling and get a head start. I recommend the back door." Opera pinched Pastoral's cheek, then turned and walked away. She seemed to have other things to do, besides setting Pastoral on a correct path.

"...Uuuugh. Never a dull moment." Pastoral sighed, and began walking as he set a waypoint for a destination he'd never visited. If he took the teleportation grid, his peers would know where he was headed. He intended to follow off the radar. With a powerful woosh, he took off as fast as his legs could carry him, heading towards the countryside.

Gate 2. The effective "back door" of the City, used only for military forces. A Robot Master would have no problem exiting, besides the fact that the teleportation grid didn't lead here for security reasons. Pastoral walked through a fairly barren field, overlooking a massive trench. A canyon made to trap any enemy who made it beyond the shield wall.

There was no way Pastoral could jump it in a single bound, but he resolved to try. Getting a running start, he sprang powerfully over the edge of the canyon, hoping to catch hold of the wall on the other side.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAM. Before he could react, a sudden impact struck the side of his head, jarring his senses and sending him reeling downwards. He could barely make out blood red nearby. OW! Malevolent?! In the CITY?!

In midair, Pastoral primed his cannon and aimed. The mysterious stranger lept off of the canyon wall and seized Pastoral's buster and redirected it, avoiding the shot. The two quickly traded blows in midair. Pastoral moved and evaded rapid, fluid punches, managing to catch the attacker's arm and toss him aside.

Both of them landed on their feet at the same time, several meters from each-other. As the dust settled, Pastoral could see who it was.

"Pulseman, I cannot allow you to leave the City." Cavatino folded his arms, his blood red eyes narrow with anticipation.

"Ferroman, get out of the way." Pastoral holstered his buster, but clenched his fists. "Or I'll move you by force."

Cavatino shrugged his shoulders. "Look, I'm not here to antagonize you. Frankly, you have my respect, Pastoral. There's no reason we have to come to blows here."

"FerroMan," Pastoral insisted on using Cavatino's combat name. A sign of formality. Hostility. A crisp demonstration that Pastoral did not intend to speak to Cavatino as a friend. "It did not escape my notice that you were the one to take down Octave."

"I did what I had to."

"You gimped him. You severed his limbs, FerroMan." Pastoral shook his head, as his visor came down to cover his eyes. "Get out of my way, or I'll return the favor."

Cavatino watched as Pastoral's arm cannons appeared. "...You gonna shoot me, PulseMan?"

"I reckon I am, FerroMan."

"Best of luck, Pastoral."

"I won't need it, Cavatino."

Last edited by Bad John on January 16th 2016, 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 24th 2015, 7:12 pm

Aaaaaaaaw shit.

Grudge match, coming soon!
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 24th 2015, 7:30 pm

Pastoral dipped low, his cannons charging. He stared Cavatino in the eye, targeting him like a hawk. Cavatino was not impressed with the obvious grandstanding. "Pasty, you know damn well that you're not going to hit me at that range."

"Then dodge it, pretty-boy." The brown robot master aimed both cannons, and fired. While the preparation gave Pastoral's attack away, the sheer power startled Cavatino, who hopped to the side. A powerful streak of raw, platinum energy passed him as he avoided the shot. The attack was easily enough to fatally wound any standard master.

And it had been a ploy. Pastoral bolted towards Cavatino, fists raised. The two collided, Pastoral's sheer momentum sending the two of them flying towards the canyon wall.

Cavatino moved quickly and fluidly as the two "danced," Pastoral attacking and the blood-red master defending without even raising his hands. Pastoral's fists carried the force of elephant guns, parting the air. Ferroman was not playing. He watched Pastoral's posture as the two ground to a halt.

The explosion in the distance changed the light around them, as Pastoral's shot from before struck the canyon wall. There was a silver-blue shift, but neither stopped fighting.

Pastoral swung his leg in a powerful side-kick, but Cavatino moved low, seemingly disappearing. Pastoral watched him, and was alarmed when his hand began to move. Cavatino made a grab for Pastoral's base leg.

One touch could mean the end of the fight. Pastoral lept over it, and brought it down in an axe kick at Cavatino's head. The red robot sidestepped the attack, clenching his fist. "Want to see who's faster, eh Ferroman?!"

Pastoral and Cavatino both planted their feet, and in a brown and red blur, they darted across the canyon floor, trading punches. Wrists struck fists. Punches and kicks echoed as their attacks were blocked and dodged. After a moment of endless noise and motion, Cavatino was driven back against the canyon wall.

"YOU'RE MINE!!!" Pastoral brought back his arm, transforming it into a buster. He punched and fired at the same time, blasting a massive hole in the wall, missing Cavatino completely.

When Pastoral turned, the air around him shifted. Cavatino's arm was cocked, and his hand was open. Time seemed to slow down, as Pastoral looked Cavatino in the eye.

He could see nothing but pure killing intent. Ferroman's palm was death. His breath was miasma. His entire body turned, as he moved to administer an unavoidable killing blow.

Pastoral froze, his teeth clenched and his eyes squeezed shut, as he prepared to have his head blown off.

Tap.

"Boop."

Cavatino paused his attack, prodding Pastoral gently on the visor.

"Looks like the match is over, Pasty. Now, let me explain a few things." As Pastoral peeled his eyes open, Cavatino relaxed his arms, standing in a relaxed, formal manner. "Number one. I didn't want to attack Octave. General was going to kill him. I intervened. You would have done the same."

Pastoral stood there, completely frozen, still paralyzed from the expectation of a killing blow.

"Number two...I still have Octave's best interest at heart. Hymn might intend to visit extrajudicial harm upon your brother. So, I intend to assure that does not occur."

Pastoral's buster went slack, his arms dangling at their sides.

"Number three, I didn't intend to stop you. I intended to slow you down, so the team could catch up. Robot Masters don't go out alone."

Cavatino reached for Pastoral's head, and gently turned it. Solo, Cresendo, Vesper, and Sonata all stood there. "Some fight," Cresendo noted. "You alright, Pastoral?"

Pastoral straightened himself, smacking dust off of his shoulders, as Cavatino extended his hand.

"Are we square, Pasty?"

"Yeah. I think we are, 'Tino."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny February 24th 2015, 10:07 pm

That was a nice twist Very Happy
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John February 25th 2015, 1:21 pm

<3 Thanks Manny!
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 2nd 2015, 12:46 am

"So how far are we gonna down until you shoot me in the back?" Octave stopped his quick forward walking pace sharply, Hymn following suit behind him.

"That was more the plan for the trip back."

"General's orders?" Octave asked stiffly.

"My own agenda. General's the one who got the Council to hold off dipping you into a vat of lava." Hymn said.

"Right. So, what? The Shriekers tore me apart in my weakened state?" Octave asked.

"Something like that." Hymn replied.

Octave continued his path forward, his hands placed calmly in his pockets on his jacket. As a stylistic preference of the time of their birth, Pastoral and Octave both wore a slimming black body suit with armor on the chest, lower legs, and on the arm from the forearm to their fingertips, the armor on the chest lighter and providing less protection. It guaranteed their speed, and with the mechanical genius of the late Doctor Monday, they were made of a tough metallic alloy. The jackets, albeit light fabric, was durable enough to have never been replaced in both Pastoral and Octave's lives. They were short jackets, not going much lower than the actual chest armor. While they were the last of almost one hundred Combat Units that Doctor Monday designed, Pastoral and Octave were the only two with this specific design.

The spiteful duo entered the city limits of old Abel city, a once thriving metropolis that was the scene of many ancient and forgotten battles. The ruined city was also the main location of scouting missions Octave himself and many others participated in. It was so big, there was no way they could ever search it all or clear it of Malevolent.

At night, Screechers, the most terrible unit the Malevolent have available, roamed by the thousands. Robot Masters considered them as kin as humans considered rabid baboons. They were a different breed; territorial, they tend to follow hordes of their own kind and shred anything that entered their realm to oblivion. Many great Combat Masters had lost their lives to these beasts.

Octave and Hymn continued into the massive, broken skyline. The sun drew closer and closer into the horizon, the degenerating light darkening the color of the light gray and dark blue Robot Masters walking like with their feet dragging. Though they were incapable of being fatigued simply by walking, they were capable of not wanting to complete a task.

"We should probably take cover for the night." Octave said, glaring at the dying sun.

"We're walking. We'll run if we need to." Hymn bluntly stated.

"I donno, tubby. Shriekers might tear you apart in your slow state." Octave joked, repeating the cause of his demise previously stated.

"Keep moving." Hymn said.

"What am I? Your prisoner?" Octave refuted.

"I don't consider you a Combat Master. I consider you a child with a deadly weapon with enough friends to convince everyone that you can keep it." Hymn spat back, voice full of venom and spite.

"Sticks and stones, SaintBoy." Octave kicked a desolate and ruined car out of his way, sending it sliding and opening a pathway into a sea of gridlock. "Say, Hum."

"Hymn."

"Whatever. I've heard everyone's theories on this city. Records say it was once the scene of a great battle. That bridge over there was where some legendary Reploid repelled an attack. But at some point, this planet and the rest of the world was lost. So on scouting missions, I always ask a new partner: what do you think beat the humans so bad?" Octave's tone became less caustic and sarcastic and more solemn. It was a side of the blue Robot Master Hymn had never seen before.

"Personally? The Reploids. They were like us, but not. I think someone got scared and took it too far." Hymn followed suit with his tone, noticing how alien this mood was with Octave as he spoke.

Without another word Pastoral walked past the "carefully" placed car and made his way through the cars. Hymn walked close behind, the sum dying under the horizon with its bright orange brilliance to allude to the sun's previous existence.

Suddenly, there was a loud scream, much like a human's or a robot master crying out in extreme pain. Such was the bowl of a Screecher. Believed to be in incredible pain at all times, the only noises they are capable of making are blood curdling screams, or screeches for their namesake.

"We have to go." Octave said, urgency in his voice as he drew his simple and weak saber.

"Maybe we should find a place to hide..." Hymn pondered quickly.

"Too late now, tubby. You better keep up!" Octave dashed forwards, a car next to him flipping on its side as he passed it. He jumped atop the rest of the cars, caving them in completely as he stepped on them. Within seconds, Octave had run across the 8-laned highway full of gridlock and found himself on the side of a hill of dead grass.

When he turned, Octave saw the much slower Robot Master trying to keep up with Octave. The Screechers were pooling behind him, their glowing yellow eyes seemed to come together to make a spotlight of malcontent. Their damaged joints and rusted metal bodies were due to how they were born.

The means in which a Soul of the Domain is born into their bodies determines much about them, unlike humans. A human can be born inside a shack in the middle of the Wastes and still be a functioning individual. The Souls of a Screecher was tiny, like a spec of dust compared to the boulders of New Harmony's Combat Masters. After being sent out into invisible signals after failing the Soul Omega State Evaluation, the test to determine whether a Souls is fit to be given a body in New Harmony, they are caught by one of the many Nexus Spires in the Wastes and are sent into the nearest hospitable body. Where other, more complex Malevolent wait to squire more complex bodies, be it from a dead pre-war Reploid body or an advanced drone, Screechers house themselves in almost skeletal, desolate, ruined drones from before the war. They sharpen the metal fingers on their new bodies into claws and run on all fours. No synthetic faces, no usable armor, the Screechers' one advantage is that they come in packs, hordes even, and they let loose a scream that shakes the very foundation of every Robot Master's core.

One Screecher jumped onto Hymn's elbow, driving its claws into the front and back of his breastplate. While Hymn was much slower than Octave, he was also much stronger physically, his body sacrificing speed for armor and pneumonic strength. Hymn placed one hand on the screaming frame and crushed its skull with ease, yanking the body off of himself and continuing onward.

No matter how strong Hymn was, Octave could see he wouldn't make it. With hundreds of Screechers now on the highway, there was no way either of them could win alone. Together, however, was another story entirely.

Octave dashed forwards, his weight and velocity turning two Screechers to dust as he kicked them with a swinging roundhouse.

"What are you doing?!" Hymn stopped his run and turned sharply. "You trying to get us killed?"

"The opposite!" SaberMan was forced to shout in order to be heard, the collective cries of their insane enemies maxing their ear's audio levels. SaberMan, with his basic and weak blade, jumped forward and cut a Screecher in two, a second one lunging into him impaling itself on his held out blade. "Cover my flank! I got yours!"

The Screechers circled around the two Masters, encompassing them entirely. Both with 180 degrees to cover, SaberMan and SaintMan began to hack away at the foes. Hymn drew his mace as he swatted a Screecher to the side with his lantern shield arm. His mace quickly lit up with a green energy, allowing it to smash through almost any metal. SaintMan brought his heavy weapon down on top of another Screecher, pounding it into a crushed-can like fashion. Three stepped up to him, SaintMan's weapon to slow to take out all three safely, he spun himself around in a circle, mace held outward, knocking the crazed foes over like bowling pins.

SaberMan's blade was much weaker, but effective against these Screechers. His original saber was meant to cut through tanks and other things he shouldn't be able to cut through. This was designed for B-Ranked lancers with something to prove. Due to the weapon's low functioning power, to use any of his moves besides Break-Raid and Time-Skimmer would overheat and destroy his newly replaced body. Break-Raid shot his weapon at the enemy. Besides the move not really being his style, the attack required him to wait a few seconds for his blade to recharge. And Time-Skimmer was an ability his body used, so his sword had nothing to do with it.

With a loud and tried shout, SaberMan focused his speed to his weapon arm, slashing at an unprecedented speed and cutting dozens of Screechers apart.

Within an hour, the immediate threat was eliminated. The unrelenting power of the S-Ranked SaintMan and the A-Ranked Octave overwhelming a considerably large pack of Screechers.

"I would have been fine without your help." Hymn said, as he exited his combat mode. Octave followed suit.

"You'd think now would be the time where you weren't an asshole." Octave continued up the dead hill he was previously on and began to enter the back half of Old Abel City, where the majority of scouting parties were met their ends. It was a sort of escape for Octave.

He often came out and fought as many Malevolent he could find in the most dangerous and enemy controlled zone near New Harmony. He went out by himself so often, the Malevolent who live in the Wastes know SaberMan well. Recently, assassins of a sort came after Octave every time he went out, the most shaking being from a crazed murderer named Slash. Slash was as fast, maybe even faster, than Octave. He had blades protruding from his knuckles and simply enjoys killing, so much so he laughs furiously while fighting. Octave barely made it out of that fight with his life, Slash running away when Octave took away one of his hands.

But for now, Octave was crippled and forced to travel through the city to complete a mission that he was certain General and the Council sent him on to kill him. Even then, if Octave survived by the mercy of Hymn, the civilians, who were already terrified of Combat Masters, would demand his head. This urban paradise Octave felt most at home in was probably the only home he really had left, no matter how much he wished the opposite.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 2nd 2015, 2:10 am

John's got the next one. I just wanna say how excited I am about this series thing. John and I have been talking about it and even though it's gonna be a long project; thematically this is one of the most impressive stories I've ever been a part of and I wanted to thank all who've been reading it.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 2nd 2015, 12:32 pm

Kruger 2521 wrote:John's got the next one. I just wanna say how excited I am about this series thing. John and I have been talking about it and even though it's gonna be a long project; thematically this is one of the most impressive stories I've ever been a part of and I wanted to thank all who've been reading it.
    Despite being a reader, I'm equally excited to see where this goes. Throughly enjoying it as a stand alone story, much in the same way I'd enjoy a novel.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 14th 2015, 11:13 am

The Robot Masters, outside the city, chatted as they strolled through the wastes. Cavatino was far in front, as Pastoral spoke to his colleagues.

Vesper breathed a heavy sigh, rubbing her temples. "Pastoral, we went through this before a decade ago. There's really no reason for you to be given a larger body."

Pastoral opened his mouth to speak, but Solo interjected. "Think about it. A bigger body is a bigger target, and you get shot at just as much as the rest of us."

"But couldn't I lift more and punch harder with a heavier frame?" Pastoral patted his arm. His current body, while comparatively smaller than the others, was built to emulate a sturdy, healthy young man. "And I'm fast enough to dodge most anything."

Crescendo shrugged his powerful shoulders. "Hey, bigger frame usually means more shielding. Like me." He was the largest of the current group, and took pride in his size. He was at least a head taller than Vesper, who he was walking beside. "Don't knock it until you try it."

Sonata, confused, decided to take Crescendo's side in the discussion. "Yeah, it'd actually be pretty neat to be bigger. Why don't they just build us twenty feet tall, so we can lift stuff easier?"

Vesper rolled her eyes, as Solo responded curtly. "Crescendo, you were built bigger because your tools, occupation, and combat style demanded a larger, bulkier frame. Pastoral just wants big dumbass muscles so he can flex all the time. A decade ago, Monday accidentally installed his Integrated Circuit in a muscleman body that was built for an Industrial Master."

Vesper shuddered when she recalled the incident. "Pastoral was...obnoxious that day."

One Decade Prior. wrote:Pastoral: Guys, seriously look at my muscles. Look how big I can get them when I bend my arms.

Vesper: Please shut up.

Pastoral: Watch me completely widen out when I flex like this.

Octave: Monday, HURRY with the deinstallation process. If he keeps talking, I'll seriously kill him.

Pastoral: OH, Vesper! Come feel this muscle. It's seriously the biggest one. Watch how I can make it pop up. HURRRRRRRGH.

Vesper: Get away. Please don't touch me.

Solo: Do I need to be here...?

Pastoral: I'm so freaking chiseled. It's...AMAZING. I'm maxed out buffwise. Vesper. Seriously, come feel my muscles. I command it.

Vesper: No.

Pastoral positively glowed as he recalled the incident. Everyone else cringed. If there was any reason to dislike Pastoral, it was that incident.

However, the time for remembrance soon passed when Cavatino held up a single hand, calling for the others to pause. "...I believe Octave and SaintMan are nearing their destination. We must hurry."

The small fireteam nodded, and with a sudden burst of motion, all broke into a dead sprint. They equalized their speed. Vesper and Cavatino, the fastest, moved slower so the others could keep up. They sprang over broken cars and across canyons and gaps, moving at a steady clip as Cavatino followed Octave's signal.

"NOT SO FAST, LADIES!" A sudden voice called out to the group. Pastoral halted as a buster shot whizzed by his head. He prepared both cannons, recognizing the voice.

Skull. The enemy robot stood atop a large building, sneering down at his former colleagues, his arm cannon smoking. Pastoral sized him up, somewhat surprised. His arm, which had been previously torn off, was repaired; better than new. His body-work was buffed out, dents removed. A coat of light grey paint surrounded his armored parts. He looked as good as new.

Pastoral lifted his cannon, but a barrage of busterfire peppered his position. Crescendo selflessly moved in the way, his powerful armor taking the shots without flinching. The building was full of droid gunmen. "This is a trap to slow us down," Crescendo reported as he and Pastoral moved to cover.

Cavatino thought for a moment, before making the call. "Solo and Vesper, go on ahead! You two will be the greatest help to Octave and Saintman! The three of us will finish off Skull once and for all."

Sonata, ducking behind Crescendo for cover, was overstimulated and frightened by the lights, sounds, and loud noises. Cavatino gave her a sympathetic look, before giving her an order. "Stay here, Sonata, and try not to move into the open!" Sonata nodded quickly, keeping her head down.

Pastoral and Crescendo accepted the order. Pastoral did so with great gusto. "Aye aye, sir."

Last edited by Bad John on March 17th 2015, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny March 15th 2015, 10:17 pm

...Wait, why is Sonata missing from the group all of a sudden?
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 15th 2015, 10:18 pm

Goddammit. I totally forgot about Sonata. >_<

In the morning, I'll ret-con her in, along with the next part of this particular chapter.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 17th 2015, 6:22 pm

Alrighty, I repaired the current chapter. Vale will take the next one, and after that, we'll see how Team A does against Skull. :P Stay tuned!
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 17th 2015, 6:51 pm

The southern edge of the Abel City Ruins was most likely an odd part of town. Buildings with illegible signs and odd architecture suggested to many historians as being the art districts. Despite that, the large, screw-shaped building marked the end of the ruins, and the Outer Wastes New Harmony Robot Masters rarely dared to venture out to.

"About another day and we should be there." Octave clutched some of the dust at his feet and let it fall between his fingers. "And a whole lot of desert between here and there."

"Thank you for stating the obvious. Now please, shut your mouth for the rest of the walk." Hymn spat, continuing forward past Octave.

"Hey, whoa whoa. I saved your life not an hour ago. Some gratitude would be nice." Octave stepped in front of Hymn.

"Thank you. There, now shut up." Hymn pushed past Octave, bumping shoulders as he did.

"It's like dealing with a teenage human a swear." Octave groaned loudly, Hymn reacting by lifting a middle finger into the air behind him. "Is it too late to get a different mission partner?" Octave joked.

The dunes of the Wastes were an even more hostile place for humans to roam. With less hiding spots than the ruins of Abel city, humans would be exposed to the elements and Malevolent attacks.

As the sun rose into high noon, the heat causing the Combat Master's bodies to heat up enough to cook an egg on their forearms. The silence of the last few hour walk not making the burden of the heat any easier. Not that Octave felt its effects like a normal human; his Integrated Circuit informed the Combat Master of the heat and negative effects it has on his body, causing Octave mild discomfort.

Octave soon, while keeping pace, veered off into thoughts and memories of better and worse days.

Pastoral tapped his brand new shield with his buster, the clanking of metal echoing in the room as Octave walked in.

"Bonafied Combat Master, huh? I always knew you were too good to be a support unit for long." Octave jested, patting his brother on the shoulder.

"Thanks, bro. I never saw this day coming, but it's here and I ain't complaining." Pastoral replied in kind.

"So, what combat name did they brand you?" Octave asked.

"PulseMan. Monday said this shield is one of the most powerful short range EMPs he's ever created." Pastoral replied, waving his shield around.

"Yeah, watch that, it's razor sharp too." Octave stepped back, his hand up protecting his face as he chuckled. "Any idea what your first assignment is gonna be?"

"I requested a scouting mission with my bro, of course! General already gave me the go-ahead. I'm just waiting on the date."

"Yeah, well, shield and sword is a pretty good combination." Octave veered off, staring off into the distance.

"What's up, Octy?" Pastoral stepped in closer, retracting his weapons back into his arms.

"Well, two things. First, don't call me Octy. You know for a fact that I hate that. Second, I don't know. You just... Grow. You grow so fast and I don't." Octave took a step back from Pastoral as he spoke.

"Well, it sounds to me like you just need something to aspire to. Some level you feel in your very bones that you need to hit or something." Pastoral put a single, loving hand on Octave's shoulder.

"Octave... Wait..." Hymn stopped, scanning the sandswept skeleton of a destroyed building, it's steel frames all that remained.

"See something?" Octave asked.

"No. No I don't think-" A hollow rumble shook the sand, shifting it beneath the Robot Master's feet.

Before either could gather what exactly was happening, the quake stopped.

"What the... What was that?" Hymn look around, confused.

"That wasn't a natural earthquake. Reminded me of Cresendo's... Look out!" Octave grabbed Hymn by the neck and threw him behind him, the large snake head protruding from the sand missing its attack. The head opened its mouth wide, a humanoid figure with armor painted green with scale-like designs to it imurged from the darkness of the maw.

"Combat Masstersss..." The figure, obviously Malevolent, said in a hussy voice. "But not jussst any... Do they finally send a legend after me?"

"So you've heard of me, so you know what I can do to you if you don't let us pass. We're not here hunting you down, we have another mission elsewhere." Hymn stepped forward triumphantly. While his scouting missions list ran short, Hymn prided himself for killing several powerful Malevolent in his travels, though he had no clue how many Octave himself had claimed.

"Not you, imbecccile! The Blue Death, The Butcher, New Harmony'sss mossst powerful weapon. A Master so dangerousss he outlived hisss monikersss. SaberMan.

"You spend a lot of time behind the walls, Hymn. Malevolent won't just 'let us pass'. We're gonna have to fight." Octave engaged his combat subroutines and matrix, slotting his visit over his eyes and mouth guard over his mouth. He drew his weakened saber from inside his right hand and readied himself to fight.

"The large one seesss himself... Important. If you wissh to run away, I won't sstop-" The Malevolent stopped as he saw Hymn too had activated his combat matrix. "Gusst!"

Suddenly, a small, controlled sand storm swept SaintMan and SaberMan Into the air, crashing into the bones of the dead building, SaintMan landing in a pile of literal bones.

"Snake! I know we can take them!" Gust shouted, floating in the air with his arms to either side while he controlled the tornado of sand all around him.

"Do not be a fool! SaberMan is weakened like the rumorss ssay. I've ssseeen his blade before, and that was not it." Snake climbed atop the large snakehead he once rode inside and commanding it forward toward the building. "But he iss sstill dangerousss!"

"I call the one with a snake fetish." Hymn grunted, shaking a bone off of his shoulder as he stood.

"When we win this, I want to talk about how you thought you were a legend." Octave scolded, climbing out of the building ruins.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 19th 2015, 1:14 am

John's got the talking stick. It's about to get grimy.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John March 22nd 2015, 11:26 pm

As buster-fire raised dust and beat pockmarks into the ground, Cavatino gave the order. "Alright. Pastoral, I want you to get in close. If you're any bit as fast as you were while fighting me, you should be able to scrap Skull in a fair fight."

Pastoral nodded, a vengeful grin spreading across his face. "He's mine."

"...Pulseman, you have a lot of pent up rage lately," Cavatino mused. "I like that. Use it." Pastoral gave a grunt of ascent as Cavatino continued his orders, the red robot master turning to the larger of the quartet. "Cresendo, I need a decent sized disturbance in the ground. Enough to tilt the building, or knock it over. That'll get rid of most of the drones. The rest will be easy pickings."

Cresendo nodded, his drill revving as he tilted his head, popping his neck muscles.

"ARE YOU LITTLE BITCHES GONNA COME OUT ANYTIME SOON?!" Skull shouted, pointing his long-ranged buster as he stood safely on the roof of the tall building. "I'm gettin BORED."

Sonata winced as Skull swore at them. She'd never met anyone so profoundly unfriendly. Pastoral placed a hand on her shoulder. "He's just a bag of bones. I'll knock him apart, kid, so don't worry."

Sonata's fists clenched. "Cavatino, give me an order too!" Her eyes blazed as she looked up at her ranking officer. "I may only be B-rank, but I can still fight! I'm strong in the real way!"

Pastoral felt a sudden, odd pang when she heard those words. They were...familiar. He couldn't quite grip the memory from whence they came, but they were certainly poignant.

Cavatino lifted an eyebrow, approving of her grit. He expected the new girl to cower while her superiors handled it. "...I can see a bit of Octave in you. You may be stronger than you think. Once the building falls, pick off the drones. And try not to get hurt. EVERYONE. ATTACK."

Pastoral stood in front of a small stone in the ground. He knew he was in the right place without reading the words. He could feel it.

There was a massive shrine dedicated to Doctor Monday in the Museum of History, but Monday always had this private lot reserved. Pastoral's arm was missing, the stump bound tightly with a docking cap to keep his weapons systems from fraying.

He'd just come back from the field, and from one of the hardest battles of his life, but Doctor Monday hadn't died in the thick of war. He'd gone quietly from a massive stroke.

For all his power, Doctor Monday was stolen by an enemy Pastoral could have never fought, even if he was here.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to see you off." The damaged robot took off his helmet with his remaining arm, lowering his head.

Placing the helmet on the ground, he removed his shield. He had no flowers to lay at the grave. Only his most prized armament. "...Thank you for believing in me, Sir. Thank you for making me strong."

Pastoral knelt, laying the shield down in front of Monday's tombstone. "You...you didn't need an immortal body, or a buster cannon to be strong. You were strong in the real way, sir."

The Robot Master stood, and turned, unable to remain any longer. Walking away quietly, he exited the graveyard. It would be a long time until he dared to return.

"TREMOR BREAKER!!!" With a powerful thrust of his arm, Quakeman sent a powerful fisher through the earth, a gap forming under his fist. The building on which Skull stood shook, then tilted.

Cavatino was next. He moved out of Cresendo's shadow, fast as a motor bike. He smashed through one of the building's windows as it tilted. His hand moved through the body of a drone like a hot knife through butter, his palm's ferromagnetic power cleaving the robot to pieces. A drone fired at him, but he tilted only slightly, evading the buster shot with ease as he grasped the drone by the side of the head.

With a pull, he tore its head off, whirling on the balls of his feet and throwing the head like a baseball. The projectile crushed another offending drone.

Cresendo, while slower, was no slouch. He approached quickly, leaping upwards. Sonata stepped on his back, and he boosted her upwards. He burst through the second floor of the tilting building. "GENTLEMEN!!!" He grinned, as buster-shots pinged off of his armor. He turned, throwing a barehanded punch and knocking a drone through a wall, destroying it utterly.

Sonata landed inside the fifth floor, just below Skull. She cocked her fist, jumped to the ceiling, and with a mighty punch, she burst up and onto the roof, where Skull was waiting for her. "So, they sent a RUNT to fight me?!" He aimed his buster and fired, but Sonata dodged, flipping from hand to foot, avoiding three shots from Skull's ranged buster. "Hold still, twerp! I can't believe they thought YOU could take me!"

"Wrong, asshole!" Sonata smiled brightly, ducking to all fours to avoid another grey burst of energy. "They thought I could DISTRACT you!"

Skull's eyes widened with horror as he noticed a shadow growing behind him. Pastoral pounced, aiming his right buster. "EAT THIS!" He fired his shot. Skull, on any other day, would have been dead to rights.

Unfortunately, today was a new day for the traitor. A grey energy shield bloomed around him, and Pastoral's golden shot glanced off, sent sailing into the distance. "PASTY! You didn't think I'd let my paint get scratched, did you?!" Skull's shield morphed, and lengthened, its vector striking Pastoral and sending him flying backwards against an ancient air-conditioning unit. Pastoral sprang back onto his feet, fists raised. "Get a load of my new finish protector. The New and Improved SKULL SHIELD."

Pastoral grimaced, his fist clenched. The building slowly tilted beneath his feet, dangerously close to toppling. Skull snickered, and leapt off. "SONATA! Let's go!" Pastoral leapt off of the building, giving chase. Sonata followed, the two of them on Skull's tail, unwilling to let him escape.
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 23rd 2015, 3:54 am

"Defense is a sword's and greatest ally. Let your guard down, and the enemy will seize the opportunity to kill you." General paced back and forth before the trembling Octave.

The gray Robot Master was at his knees, scuffed and damaged to the point of electrical sparking from his joints.

"You're determined to be an asshole about this." Octave grunted defiantly as he stood upright.

"An asshole? Witty remark." General huffed, smirking as he did so. "If you were as willing to use your saber as you are with your mouth, then you'd be an S-Rank before your first century alive. Again." General mocked before beckoning, using his unarmed left hand to signal Octave to attack.

Octave shot upright and dashed into General, their sabers clashing when he got close. In a short grapple, Octave struggled to get an upper hand on the much more powerful foe. General stood at his leisure, tilting his weapon and sending Octave stagger to the side, opening his flank for a roundhouse kick.

Flying into the steel wall of the sparring floor, Octave let out a shout before tumbling to the ground. By the time he forced himself up, General was in his face with another kick, this one to the head. The blow sent Octave skipping across the dirt that lay at the base of the sparring room.

It was to give the illusion of intense, gladiatorial combat should the fight be lacking. This one wasn't.

"Your flanks are your weakest point, yet you flaunt them around like a fortress wall. Again."

"I can't..." Octave whimpered.

"Excuse me?" General stopped, lowering his saber.

"I can't win and I can't learn, man! I'm a fucking robot! And I'm a month old! And you keep beating me into the dirt before I can even get a good try in, so what's the point!" Octave shouted, retracting his saber and reforming his arm into a humanoid fashion.

General strolled up beside the fallen robot and crouched down towards his level. "Every defeat is a lesson as long as you do not allow it to happen again. When you were learning to walk in your frame for the first time, did you quit and cry after falling from the first step, or did you get back up and try again?"

"I got up."

"Good, I would hope so. So now, you're going to get back up and attack me again. And if you are right and you cannot learn, I will keep knocking you down until I find you worthless and kill you." General's tone got more and more dire as he spoke until he finished and stood, a seemingly sadistic look on his face. "Or, you will prove to be the stubborn child I take you for and FIGHT BACK!"

General suddenly aimed his saber downwards and stabbed. In a twitch reaction, Octave rolled away from the attack and brought himself to his feet. He drew his saber once more and attacked in a violent and fear-filled volley. General clashed and swatted away every strike until Octave's back was exposed. He went in for the kill, a beheading blow flying at the back of Octave's neck. His face softened with disappointment as he struck.

But this is not where Octave would die. He turned around sharply and ducked below the swing and spun, his saber coming around at General's ankle, the hit landing and sweeping General off of his feet. Now on one bracing hand and one foot, General was exposed at the midsection. Octave brought his spinning momentum back around and stood, putting his saber in the air and throwing it down for the kill.

Faster than Octave could see, General clutched the hilt of Octave's saber and impaled him at the hip. In a show of mercilessness, General lifted Octave from the ground, his saber slowly cutting its way up Octave's torso up into his breast before the veteran finally slid him off of his blade, Octave screaming in agony the whole time.

"Vesper! See him to Doctor Monday and get him repaired. Octave, you will NEVER be an S-Ranked Combat Master from what you have shown me today." Octave glared at General with pure hatred from the floor as he laid there clutching his wide open torso. "But maybe you might just survive long enough to prove me wrong."

SaberMan made a dash for Gust, who blew him away like a piece of paper in the breeze. Rolling backwards over his shoulder, SaberMan recovered almost instantly.

"Having trouble getting close, blue boy?" Gust chuckled as he spun a new cloud of dust and shot it in SaberMan's direction.

The blow was wind and sand, sharpened to a point of deadly edge. It dashed toward SaberMan at a deadly speed, one only SaberMan could dodge as easily as he did. In a remarkable show of speed, SaberMan ran towards Gust, hurtled over another blast of sand and wind, and found himself above looking into the eye of the storm. He shouted, and began flipping side over side to gain momentum. As SaberMan descended, Gust attempted to dodge too slowly, a deep gash in his chest to show for it. The hit knock Gust out of his whirlwind and send him reeling back into the sands.

"No. I am not having any trouble, thank you." SaberMan walked towards the cowering for at a slow place, intimidating Gust as he went in for the kill.

"Wait, hold on. No!" Gust shot his hands forward, two blasts of wind hurling towards SaberMan. The hit sent SaberMan to the floor. To follow, Gust stood and waved his hands downward, sharp shots of air cutting down on SaberMan and sending him deeper into the sand.

SaintMan shot a heavy blast from his buster behind his small shield on his left arm, the snakehead carrying Snake dodged it easily. Snake drew his own busters on either hand, shooting three snakes into the sand from one arm, and another sending fully automatic small rounds all around SaintMan, most of which he dodged.

The snakes protruded from the sand beneath SaintMan, the Combat Master barely fast enough to dodge the bites. As the first one attacked, SaintMan brought his energy laced mace down, smashing it to death with ease. The second struck SaintMan from behind with a headbutt, launching him into the air. SaintMan landed and recovered too slowly to dodge the third snake, that bit his armed arm and held him there, the second snake coming and taking hold of the other.

Snake stepped off of his animal and strolled over to SaintMan, shooting another snake into the ground and holding his buster arm to SaintMan's head.

"Consstrict..." Snake hissed with a sinister tone and the new snake wrapped itself around SaintMan's torso and began crushing him. SaintMan screamed in pain as he did so.

"Shit." SaberMan stood upright, looking over at Gust as he paced around to SaberMan's left. "Sorry." SaberMan dashed away from Gust, who stood in annoyance for a second before creating another tornado of dust to float upon to chase.

SaberMan smashed into Snake with his side, sending Snake to the floor a few feet out and stunning him. Before either Snake or Gust could react, SaberMan cut apart the snakes constricting and holding Hymn, freeing him soon enough to jump and deflect Snake's shot at SaberMan with his buster.

"Switch?" SaberMan asked, annoyed at Gust's new tornado.

"Go."

The two turned around sharply and switched opponents. In one fell swoop, Octave dodged the large snakehead's fatal bite and cut the top of its mechanical head off at the jaw and continued his charge at Snake, who fired six more snake drones into the sand while he back pedaled to the top of a nearby dune.

One by one, out of the side of the dune, the snakes bit out at Octave, who slashed them away with terrifying ease. The sixth and last one, being the largest, stood at the width of the end of a baseball bat. Octave clutched it by the neck and crushed it in his hand as he continued his sprint up the dune.

Atop the large dune, Snake stood, waiting on his impending battle that would either destroy him or make him a force to be feared in the Wastes among all Malevolent. Despite his common sense telling him to flee while he had the chance, his pride forced him to stand and prepare for the fight.

Snake aimed his Serpent Buster downwards, sending ten of the largest snake drones he could produce among the denizens of the dune. When Octave arrived at the peak of the dune, he would be in for a surprise.

"So, promise me this envy. Get it? Green with envy? Your armor's green? Nevermind." Octave chuckled, stopping his dead-on sprint and deactivating his combat mode when he reached Snake's level. His saber and facial protection retracted.

"Promisse you... What?" Snake hissed, eager to launch his trap.

"Look, if this goes south for me, I want you to promise you'll see a vocal coach for that damn lisp." Octave reactivated his combat matrix, drawing his sword and lowering his face gear.

"Now... I've alwaysss wondered why you wear both gogglesss and the mouth-piecce." Snake bided for time, his drones still maneuvering on SaberMan's position in the dune. "Isss it really for protection or do you jusst play up the whole... Intimidating asss thing?"

"Funny. No, no, that was funny. See? I'm laughing. No, seriously. That was hilariousss. For your information: yes. It is to intimidate. Look at your arm, it's shaking like a newborn." SaberMan pointed at Snake's arm. When he went to look down at his very still buster arm, SaberMan dashed toward Snake with deadly intent.

But his roll was soon slowed.

A very large snake droid bursts through the sand beneath SaberMan, one about the same size as the droid Snake rode in on. SaberMan went flying into the air, another snake droid coming up beneath him to swallow him up.

As he fell, SaberMan knew he had limited options. As fast as he was, he couldn't change his direction so quickly in midair. He had no idea just how many drones Snake commanded at this size, so killing the one beneath him would prove almost pointless. Besides that, his weaker blade had a charge, and it was at 40% now. While he could still kill this and a few more snakes, SaberMan didn't know if he could win this fight with the charge left in his saber, and if he did win it wouldn't charge for hours. So, weighing all that, SaberMan made a choice even he knew might just prove fatal. He bent forward, aiming his saber at Snake and put the last of his blade's charge into one last attack.

"BREAK-RAID"

SaberMan shot his blade just between his dangling legs. It traveled through the head of the snake drone that shot him into the air and speared Snake right in the center of his knee, the sheer power of the move blowing the left half of Snake's body clean off up to his breast, and sending him tumbling down the other side of the dune as SaberMan plummeted into the snake drone's mouth.

SaintMan shot his buster, knocking Gust out of his tornado with ease, the wind calming without his presence. As Gust landed, he looked down and saw his chest was now blown open, the mechanics of his torso falling out like organs on an injured human. He screamed profoundly before looking up at the approaching Combat Master.

"No, wait! Please! I don't want to die!" Gust begged, his arms sparking from damages as he attempted to use his powers once more.

"Heavy shot, huh? One of the strongest busters ever made, forged by a very young Monday. Now, if you don't tell me the force strength of the Spire Nexus just South of here, I'm going to show you just how heavy my mace is." SaintMan threatened, crouching down to Gust's level and waving his blunt weapon in his face.

"I've only been there once, but the Screechers flock to it, you know!? There's hundreds of them just wandering nearby picking off curious humans who have no sense!" Gust spouted the information almost too fast for SaintMan to register, but he understood the situation well.

"Any high functioning Malevolent? Tier 1 or Tier 2's?"

"I don't know what that means!"

"Right. Screechers are Tier 3 Malevolent, low functioning. You, you are Tier 2. You're better, but not so tough. A Tier 1 Malevolent would be a general or a leader or some guy no one wants to fuck with because he's so tough." SaintMan explained, trying to ease the process of information gathering while inching his mace closer to Gust's wound.

"Okay, okay, okay! There's a few 2's who keep the Spire Nexus safe, but the Toymaker sent the Gemini. They'd be like, Tier Zero or something. That's all I know I swear!" Gust pleaded, hoping he staved off the Combat Master's thirst for his life.

He was wrong. SaintMan was a brute without mercy or most forms of honor. Unless outlawed directly from the mouth of General, he tended to do as he pleased, to the misfortune of those around him.

In a single mighty blow, SaintMan bearer his mace down on Gust's head, completely destroying his Integrated Circuit and killing him and his Soul forever.

When he stood and looked over his shoulder towards SaberMan's bout, he saw sign of his ally, only Snake crawling away at the foot of the dune.

"Your body should lock up here soon. Until someone finds you and repairs you, you'll be stuck here, totally aware and awake, but unable to perform much past moving your eyes. Where's Octave." Hymn deactivated his combat matrix as he approached the fatally wounded Malevolent. An unfortunate defense mechanism, the bodies of both Benevolent and Malevolent Souls will lock up when the damage is too great of a toll for the Soul to bear. When a Soul is alone without anyone looking for them when this starts to happen, many kill themselves. It's a fate worse than dying.

"In... The belly... Of the whale... Prick." Snake had lost his breathy tone for a more staggered, injured one.

"You know, I was gonna kill you, but that hurt. When I report this, Lady Opera is going to be upset that I let a Soul suffer a lockdown, Malevolent or Benevolent. Have fun." Hymn walked to the top of the dune, away from Snake, whose screams could be heard for miles before his body finally locked down.

Atop the dune lied a dead mechanical snake, a large explosive hole in its skull, and nothing else. Octave was nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, Hymn staggered back, activating his combat sequence when another large snake protruded from the ground, it's maw wide open facing the sky. It held itself upright for a moment, and then tumbled into the sand, mouth agape with the oil-covered Octave crawling out.

"It's... A good thing snakes don't chew." Octave huffed as Hymn deactivated his combat mode and aggressively helped him up.

"What'd you do to that Malevolent? That was some gruesome stuff to look at." Hymn turned South and continued walking, almost as if nothing had happened at all.

"We got a new big-shot in town. Manhattan's good. I've got a goddamn edged cannon right here." Octave patted his saber arm, which vented out the residue of the energy he used while fighting.

"I've got information on the Spire Nexus. It's surrounded by a few hundred Screechers, staffed by a few Tier 2 Malevolent and commanded by some Tier 1's that go by The Gemini." Hymn stated, his walk becoming a jog to hasten the traveling process.

"Sounds... Daunting." Octave matched Hymn's lugging speed with ease. "Sounds like we could use some backup."

"Please. I'd be able to do this myself, but I have to drag you here with me. Besides, I don't think many of the other Combat Masters care enough as to follow us all the way out there."
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 29th 2015, 9:44 pm

Metallic Knights - Page 2 JTTsfo2
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 29th 2015, 10:58 pm

Metallic Knights - Page 2 Pasty%20and%20Octave_zpssuhetyih

There you go!
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger March 31st 2015, 6:32 pm

It should be stated that in the original picture that Pastoral is not 95, he's 94. My fuck-up. Morgan fixed it.

Also, I changed one of the parts earlier in the series. It originally had Cavatino tearing Octave's limbs off because General was taking to long to take care of him carefully. Now, it has Cavatino dismembering Octave because General was going to kill him. Small difference. Very Happy
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John April 6th 2015, 2:42 pm

"I can't believe I care enough to follow Octave all the way out here." MarksMan grimaced as a missile passed his head, whizzing over his shoulder as he moved his head to avoid the shrapnel. "Friggin' brothers, man! I don't know how Pastoral deals with all the damned stress!"

The annoyed Master moved into the open and fired his assault buster. The bursts of plasma screamed across the battlefield, striking his opponent center mass. The interloper between MarksMan, ChargeWoman, and their objective, was an immense, heavily armored War Sphynx. The creature stood on four legs, and possessed a smooth, humanoid face, which had a terrifying lack of emotion despite full articulation. It occasionally grimaced, or screamed with rage as it opened fire, but even as MarksMan's bullets damaged its armor, it stared blankly at MarksMan, returning fire.

"INCOMING!" MarksMan leapt, and slid into a small canyon to avoid a spray of fifty calibre turret-fire. "Feel free to help out, ChargeWoman!"

ChargeWoman sat behind cover, her legs crossed, as she tuned her helmet's radio to pick up FerroMan's signal. "I don't feel free to help. My charges have a limited effective range, so until I can get closer, this battle is mostly yours to fight."

MarksMan groaned. "WELL, I always did like big targets, didn't I?" The experienced Master sprang out from behind cover, preparing his grenade launcher. "SUCK ON THIS!" MarksMan fired a high, arcing grenade round, which landed at the Sphynx's feet, exploding. The blow knocked the creature over.

In a flash of speed,  seized the opening and charged, her right leg glowing. Clearing nearly a football field of distance in mere seconds, she leapt over the Artillery Sphynx and swung her leg. The blade tipped, charged up kick destroyed the beast's main cannon, as she darted back to cover.

MarksMan pumped his fist, grinning widely as ChargeWoman scored the hit. The tacit ChargeWoman, on the other hand, focused on contacting the leader of the expedition to report the battle. "FerroMan! Come in, FerroMan! We've run into trouble! An Artillery Sphynx has us fighting in and out of cover! Can you make the objective?!"

In the mean time, FerroMan and QuakeMan had also found a spot of bother. A massive, gooey colossus bore down over the duo, as they backed away, their fists raised.

"Ferro RIPPER." FerroMan let his hands glide over a metallic beam, ripping off a chunk of iron and holding it up. The metal bloomed like a sharpened rose, then each sliver of the iron was ejected, sent flying into the Yellow Devil like razor sharp buckshot. The Yellow Devil, possessing a thick, gelatinous membrane, took the shot with slight damage, its goo pockmarked, but its core intact. The creature slammed its fist down towards FerroMan, who sprang out of the way. Sprinting up the wall, the skilled Robot Master preformed a powerful flip, landing behind the Yellow Devil one one knee and evading another gooey punch.

"TREMOR BREAKER!!!" QuakeMan beat his drill against the ground, forming a fissure in the earth at the creature's heel. The Yellow Devil seemed to lose its balance, but its gelatinous form morphed, and produced another boot to stabilize itself. The creature reached out, and caught QuakeMan before he could avoid the attack.

The powerful Robot Master was absorbed, then spat out, sent flying towards FerroMan. The bulky robot master landed on his feet, covered in yellow ooze. "Are you alright, QuakeMan?" Cavatino stood his ground, as the Yellow Devil turned its eye towards them.

None the worse for ware, QuakeMan grit his teeth in a furious grin. "I'm actually getting a little upset. This fight is a freaking FARCE. We just gotta destroy it's stupid eye!"

"...Easier said than done, I'm afraid. Hopefully the others have reached their objective. SaberMan and SaintMan may need our assistance. For now, I will admit..." FerroMan and QuakeMan popped their knuckles, leering wrathfully at the Yellow Devil. "This piss colored bastard is starting to get on my nerves."

As SaintMan and SaberMan continued onwards, the speedy blue Master quickly sensed a danger approaching from above. "YO! SaintMan!" The two of them leapt to the side, as a tremendous weight suddenly crashed down on their position from above. SaberMan lit his blade, searching for the source of the attack. He noticed a shadow beneath his feet, and moved again, dodging another falling robot.

SaintMan, heavier and less capable of dodging, noticed an attacker approaching him from the side. He turned and swung his mace, which clashed with a traditional, metallic sword, which rivalled his own weapon in weight. SaintMan stood his ground, facing a Malevolent with similarly medieval themed armor. "I've been waiting a very long time to face another Knight in combat."

SaintMan sneered at the enemy robot, and swung his mace. The Malevolent leaped away. SaberMan jumped back, and swung his sword at a speedy red android which whizzed aside, avoiding the robot's attack.

The attackers formed up, revealing themselves to be TEN well made robots! SaberMan and SaintMan prepared themselves, as the robot's leader, the medieval Malevolent, stepped forward to speak. "We are Souls granted great power by our ruler, the wise Toymaker! We are the Action Set! Led by The Gemini, we intend to crush the two of you!!!"

SaberMan shook his head, unimpressed. "So, which one of you is this 'Gemini?'"

"You'll never see The Gemini! Even if you had the might to stand up to The Gemini, you'll have to go through us! I am KNIGHT! I was built to face SaintMan in glorious battle!"

"Alright, why do you keep calling them 'The Gemini' like it's a damn movie title? Is he a dude, or a group, or what?" SaberMan, beguiled and annoyed, readied himself to beat the information out of them. It would be a difficult fight, but he was up to it, even if he was working with replacement parts.

SaintMan smirked, rolling his eyes. "How flattering, to have a cheap imitation built to match an S Rank Master. You'll fare just as poorly as your Gust ally, because you too, are full of nothing but hot air."

"Not a bad burn, SaintGuy." SaberMan offhandedly complimented his "partner," who shrugged his knightly shoulder pauldrons.

"ENOUGH TALK!" One of Knight's nine underlings, impatient, sprang towards SaberMan, fists raised. "I'm CRYSTAL! I'll shatter you with my mighty Crystal Lance!"

SaberMan watched Crystal charge, unphased. The Malevolent was already doomed.

He forgot to look up. PulseMan, having arrived on the scene seconds ago, fell towards him, his right buster charged with golden, glowing energy.

"GOLD KNOCK!!!"

Crystal took a full, hard punch from PulseMan to the top of his shoulder, shattering arm in an instant. The brown robot's buster, having pooled enough energy to destroy half of a tank, went off in a brilliant flash. Crystal's helmet was shattered by the impact, and the explosion left a crater in the ground.

Crystal, half destroyed, looked up with abject terror at his attacker, who had a face that screamed two words. 

MISPLACED AGGRESSION.

"REPEATER KNUCKLE!!!" PulseMan threw a volley of punches that shook the ground, each blow flattening a part of Crystal's comparatively fragile body. Octave's eyes widened as his brother completely demolished the robot, his assault only ending when there were only shards of Crystal left.

PulseMan stood, holding Crystal's Integrated Circuit. He flipped it like a coin in his hand, catching it in his fist, careful not to break it. Despite the ruthlessness of the attack, PulseMan was not heartless, and didn't want to kill the robot permanently. Just let off some steam. However, to the enemy's horror. Pastoral opened his mouth, placed the Integrated Circuit on his tongue, shut his mouth, and pretended to swallow it. The Circuit was moved to a storage compartment in his stomach for safe-keeping, where FigureMan could retrieve it when he returned to the City.

PulseMan turned, his visor lifting so he could look the enemy in the eye as he laid down the law. "Alright. Your buddy Skull ran away from me, leading me all the way over here, then he vanished. I don't like Skull, and since you guys work for him, I don't like YOU."

The nine remaining robots were silent, every one of them in a fighting stance, awaiting PulseMan's next attack. SaberMan, however, was much more casual now that PulseMan had arrived. "Yo, P-Man. You lost Skull AGAIN? Are you ever going to catch that shit-kicking traitor, or are you two just going to play freeze tag every time we go on a mission?"

"Yeah, he got away. And I have a LOT of pent up rage. We're actually here to make sure your mission goes well." PulseMan smiled, patting his twin on the shoulder. "Since you're working with spare parts."

"...We?" SaintMan interjected, a bit annoyed with the brown Master's arrival. "Are you malfunctioning, PulseMan? There doesn't seem to be anyone with you."

"Actually..." ApacheWoman crept up behind SaintMan, looking across the field at the Malevolent gang that was waiting to attack. "Me too."

PulseMan rolled his neck. "The others got held up, so the two of us are it. I'm going to keep these jerks busy, while you two make a break for this 'The Gemini' thing. I think you ought to be able to handle a one on one fight, SaberBro. Or...whatever kinda fight 'The Gemini' might have in store."

"Wait, you heard about 'The Gemini'? How long were you here?"

"...Five minutes. I was just waiting to make a cool entrance." PulseMan lowered his visor. "Go on ahead. Me and ApacheWoman got this." 

SaintMan sighed, correcting PulseMan. "ApacheWoman and I got this."

SaberMan nodded. "Don't be a douche, SaintMan. Thanks, P-Man. Fight carefully, alright?"

PulseMan wiped his nose. "Yeah, don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure I can handle these guys no sweat."

Knight growled. "The rest of you, handle this brown pissant. And be careful. Either he has some sort of ability he used to cheap shot Crystal, or he packs a wallop. I'll take care of their SaintMan."

As plans were made, Sonata, left relatively ignorant of what to do when so badly outnumbered, turned to Octave. "Teacher. What do I do?"

"...Don't call me teacher for starters." SaberMan rolled his eyes, and pointed to PulseMan. "Normally, I'd say just stay back and let us handle this, but I ain't sticking around. Just follow P-Bro's lead. He wouldn't be doing this if he didn't believe he can win. And when a Robot Master believes he can win, he damn sure wins."

PulseMan nodded, a smile on his face. "Damn straight, bro." SaberMan and PulseMan bumped fists, and all fell still and quiet. With that, a long, intense staredown began, as both sides waited for the other to make a move. PulseMan leaned his head towards SaberMan, and whispered. "Make a run for it the moment those guys so much as twitch."

Last edited by Bad John on July 9th 2016, 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger April 15th 2015, 4:19 am

It might get a little confusing here with the enemies. "The Gemini are two brothers who are similar to each other. The first Gemini uses teleportation and a buster, while the second Gemini uses a shield he can make and form on a whim.

The tension of the scene was thicker than any other situation any of the New Harmony Robot Masters had encountered before. Grossly outmanned, no idea the exact power of the Malevolent before them, the odds looked out of favor.

The valley they stood in was wide and dead, nothing but dry sand and scattered shrubs landscaped it. The valley at the base of the Nexus Spire sat below a surrounding hillside of dying green grass. In the times before the war, these hills were probably famous for their famous rolling green vibe. Now the place was a graveyard.

Knight, Dynamo, Gravity, Quick, Shadow, Junk, Grenade, Sword, and Plug stood across from PulseMan, SaberMan, SaintMan, and the cowering ApacheWoman. Knight had his eyes fixed to SaintMan, shifting his feet towards him, ready to follow as soon as SaintMan made a move.

SaberMan, always riding the line between cocky and confident, held up a single finger towards the enemies before him and dashed towards the entrance of the Nexus Spire at a lightning speed. As he neared the door, a red apparition stood between him and his goal. Quick, one of the fastest Malevolent known in the Wastes, drew his razor-sharp boomerang and tossed it at SaberMan’s neck.

The Combat Master leaned backwards, sliding on the sides of his knees and dodging the boomerang. He jumped upwards, doing a handspring off of the top of Quick’s head. When SaberMan landed back onto the floor, he grabbed Quick’s arms and held him still as his own boomerang impaled his chest.

“AH! SON OF BITCH!” Quick shouted, struggling to no effect.

“Hey, I’m a child of the Domain like everyone here. You know, it was Hell. So, if it makes you feel any better, you can think of me more of a DEMON!” SaberMan, seeing the battle erupt in front of him, kicked Quick in the back, sending him right into the center of the commotion.

SaintMan approached SaberMan, running at a miserable and slow top speed compared to SaberMan’s. To a human, however, SaintMan would be running at a record-breaking speed.

“You know that guy who looks just like you is gonna come after you, right?” SaberMan said, slowing down as he entered the base chamber of the Nexus Spire.

“I’m holding my ground here. Without any of his peons to back him up out there, I’ll crush him like the tin man he is.” SaintMan smirked as his mace fell to the floor, the chain connecting it to his buster now exposed, now making it a flail.

“Good luck, asshole. Let’s just hope that the Toymaker didn’t make him thinking you’re actually deserving of your S-Rank.” SaberMan chuckled as he spoke, slowly walking to the elevator at the back of the dimly lit room he and SaintMan stood in.

“Fuck off and go get killed by those Gemini guys.” SaintMan spat back, now facing the front door with his back to SaberMan, not even turning as he spoke.

SaberMan entered the tight elevator, should he be attacked, the quarters would be too close for him to fight effectively. A Screecher who only relied on their claws, would tear SaberMan apart.

Suddenly, the elevator stopped, and the doors opened before SaberMan to reveal a large, circular room surrounded by windows. There, the Gemini stood, awaiting their challenger.

Both were a pale green shade with black body suits. One, who stood to the left, had angular armor, his chest two isosceles triangles meeting in the middle with two smaller triangles below them. On his crown were three diamond-shaped pieces of armor, the long ends pointing upwards. He had “T2” etched onto the circular buckle of his belt and a black face cover. The first Gemini, who stood to the right, had more rounded armor. His breastplate in the shape of two teardrops, the rounded ends meeting in the middle. His crown seemed a rainstorm of three teardrops placed on the forehead of his helmet. He had a “T1” on his belt and light blue goggles covering his eyes.

“He’s here…” The second Gemini, with the”T2” on his belt, said excitedly.

“Yes. Though, he seemed crippled. Tell me, blue man, is that a weaker saber?” The first Gemini asked as SaberMan stepped forward towards the center of the room.

“Yeah, but don’t worry. It’s all I need.” SaberMan said calmly, waving around his weaker standard blade.

“That sounds BORING!” The second Gemini exclaimed, aiming his buster towards SaberMan before his brother lowered with his hand.

“Excuse my brother. Though he was examined second, he only holds the mental capacity of a child. Allow me to speak, brother. SaberMan, we’ve heard much about you…” The first Gemini stepped forward, moving a mere meter from SaberMan. “And we would be honored to be the ones to kill you.” The first Gemini stood calmly, his smirk glowing beneath his goggles.

“Right. Well, you can go ahead and try, bro.” SaberMan stood ready, posed to fight.

Both of the Gemini chuckled slightly. The suddenly, the second Gemini dashed towards SaberMan, who readied himself to strike. Instead of attacking, however, the second Gemini created a large dome around SaberMan. It seemed a hologram shield made of sections shaded like right triangles. SaberMan attempted to bust out, but the shield way too powerful for him to break.

The first Gemini teleported inside the dome and engaged SaberMan. He rounded to the left to wind up a kick that SaberMan blocked with his unarmed right hand before he went in for a jab. The first Gemini dodged the stab with a flip over SaberMan. Then, he aimed his buster all around and fired wildly, none of the initial shots hitting SaberMan.

The first Gemini’s buster shot long, concentrated, light-green lasers that bounced all around the large dome. SaberMan soon realized the strategy; to trap him inside this dome and allow the ricocheting laser rounds to tear him apart. SaberMan swatted three of the bolts out of the air as the darted towards him, causing them to dissipate on impact. SaberMan continued the motion as fast as he could, but soon a laser round found its mark and hit him with a glancing blow on the back of his leg, right below the knee. Despite the injury, SaberMan continued swiping and swatting at the lasers until none remained, and the dome fell.

Before SaberMan could react, the first Gemini teleported right in front of SaberMan, crouching beneath a horizontal slash at his head and bringing his foot up to SaberMan's chin, throwing him into the air.

Before SaberMan's stagger into the air was complete, a small shield wall appeared behind him. When SaberMan hit it, the shield shifted from its vertical positioning to a horizontal one, sending SaberMan straight down to the ground at an impressive speed. The blue Combat Master stood slowly, his body still trying to recover the damage he just took.

“Fast, but frail.” The second Gemini commented, deactivating his shield as he spoke.

“Yes, brother. It is the heel of all New Harmony built masters: in order to gain strength, they lose speed. In order to gain speed, they lose strength.” The first Gemini teleported next to his brother.

“The Toymaker is a superior craftsman in that regard. We may not be quite as fast as this little fuck, but we’re close, and much tougher too!” The second Gemini began jumping around, excited at the thought of continued combat and the upcoming death of SaberMan, like a shark with blood spilt into the water. As he began to grow wilder, the first Gemini placed his hand on his shoulder, easing him to keep his cool for battle.

“Yeah…” SaberMan finally reached an upright stance, his body even more scratched up than it was when he arrived. “I’m not that tough or heavily armored. Just enough to kick your asses.”

“My creed dictates I should introduce myself. I am Knight, one of several Toymaker Malevolent created to mimic and destroy the S-Ranked Robot Masters who serve New Harmony.” Knight entered the large, circular, dimly lit room just as the elevator SaberMan had just taken up returned to the ground floor. As Knight spoke, he lifted up his armed hand, switching between several medieval-themed weaponry, including a broadsword, mace, flail, lance, axe, and spear. He was much more well armed than SaintMan in all regards, but the Master remained confident.

“That’s a nice little creed of yours. Does it have you tell me your weaknesses too or do I… I’ve been spending way too much time with SaberMan.” SaintMan's boisterous tone stopped suddenly when he realized he was speaking much like his most recent comrade, which terrified SaintMan a little bit.

Expecting more exposition and pre-battle rambling, SaintMan was taken off guard when Knight attacked so suddenly, which was normally his thing. Knight led with his broadsword, which SaintMan jumped aside from just before it hit its mark. SaintMan tossed his arm down, sending the chain to his flail to wrap around the blade. He then shot his entire body back upright, sending Knight’s arm into the air and leaving his chest exposed. Using the opening, SaintMan drew his heavy buster behind his lantern shield and shot two shots to either side of his ribcage, just next to the shoulder, and one to his face, which sent the Malevolent flying and falling to the ground.

“Did the Toymaker get his tips about me from SaberMan? Because you sure are-” SaintMan stopped when the smoke from Knight’s body cleared, and the Malevolent stood up with only vague scorches to mark where he shot, the face shot apparently landing right on his mouthguard.

Knight charged, dragging his broadsword on the ground behind him as he readied his skyward attack, which SaintMan easily dodged, the sheer weight of the missed attack slowing Knight down considerably for a first. SaintMan used this to send his flail whipping at Knight’s head, which the Malevolent ducked under to dodge before backing up entirely.

“You’re more heavily armored than I thought.” SaintMan sighed, setting his heavy buster to full charge without a tell revealing so.

“And you’re much more of a coward than I thought.” Knight charged once again, and once again missing, his strike a horizontal one aiming for SaintMan's belly. Mid-swing, however, Knight switched his weapon to a longspear and spun around, the sharp tip of the blade landing a shallow cut across SaintMan's chest.

As SaintMan assessed his damaged, Knight made another attack, a stabbing strike for SaintMan's left arm. SaintMan stepped to the right and jumped to his left, a flying knee to the base of the spear sending it away from him and opening Knight up for an attack with his flail. SaintMan swung his arm around, his flail locked in position before swinging just in front of Knight and shooting like a chained cannonball hitting Knight right in the top of the head on the base of his helmet just above his eyes.

SaberMan jumped away from a dome, the second Gemini’s throwing of both his hands a sure tell that he was attempting to trap him. The first Gemini, who teleported rapidly, came in close. SaberMan checked his kick with his foot and came in with a hook on his swordless arm, sending the Gemini reeling backwards. SaberMan dashed forwards, intending to outright kill one Gemini to level the playing field, but it was not to be, a small shield appeared just at the tip of SaberMan's saber to save the first Gemini’s life.

Damn… Without the other, just one of them would be easy pickings. But with one running interference, I can’t do anything. SaberMan thought to himself as he backed away from the shield just before it attempted to swat him again.

The first Gemini arose, shooting his laser buster between teleports. SaberMan jumped backwards as each shot approached, dodging them expertly. But when the last one hit the floor and blew up, a boot was met to SaberMan's back, the first Gemini had teleported behind him and attacked from the rear. As SaberMan met the floor with a rolling recovery, he turned to see a laser shot coming right at him. With barely any time to react, SaberMan swatted the shot away, a bit of the laser having made it to the hilt of his blade and dislocating a large chunk of his metal. Just as SaberMan was preparing to charge, the first Gemini shot his buster all around SaberMan in a wildly fashion with no sense of aim. SaberMan turned to see a giant shield wall behind him, deflecting the bullet straight to him. SaberMan dashed for the first Gemini, who he stood behind as a human shield until he teleported to the other side of the wall. With not enough time to dodge the hits, SaberMan braced himself as all twelve of the laser rounds peppered him, sending SaberMan to the floor, smoking.

“Brother, this Master is no joke!” The second Gemini stated, excited as he saw that SaberMan survived the volley.

“Which is why I told you to be prepared to fight a challenging fight!” The first Gemini scolded his brother, before turning to the realization that SaberMan was only feet in front of him.

As SaberMan came in for a fatal slash, a shield popped up right in front of him. SaberMan jumped over the small human-sized shield and brought his saber up to strike down on the second Gemini, his ruse working perfectly.

The second Gemini was not fool to the concept. He placed small shields where SaberMan seemed to attack with each swing, SaberMan's saber promptly clashing against every one just as he was about to hit. When SaberMan's final, strength backed slash suffered the same fate and SaberMan's midsection was exposed, the second Gemini placed a small shield just inches in front of the exposed area and shot it forward, sending SaberMan straight into the wall behind him.

The first Gemini approached, waving his gun around in SaberMan's face and taunting him.

“What’s that about defeating us?” The first Gemini said proudly, his buster still right in front of SaberMan's head. “You see this? We got an ugly wall mount for the Nexus!” The first Gemini joked.

“I HATE blue!” The second Gemini shouted as he set up a shield around SaberMan's head and began shrinking it.

“Looks like you lose, SaberM-” Before the first Gemini could finish, SaberMan regained control of his weapon arm and swing, slashing the first buster in half down the center horizontally, the weapon causing a small explosion, harming the Gemini.

SaberMan slipped under the shield and ran over to the dazed Gemini and impaled him just next to the shoulder and whipping him into the wall, the Gemini sliding off of SaberMan's blade as he swung it around.

“Broth-!” Before the second Gemini could finish the word SaberMan was face to face with him, SaberMan's expression stone-cold and pissed off. Using the momentum he gained from the dash and the strength he gained from his anger and annoyance, SaberMan kicked the second Gemini into and through the window just behind him, sending him flying out onto the outer platform just below it.

As SaberMan thought to address the first Gemini, he suddenly felt arms wrap around his waist. He was lifted into the air and brutally suplexed into the ground behind him, the tip of one of his dual spikes on his helmet chipping right off as he landed and tumbled backwards from the impact.

“Did… Did you just fucking suplex me?” SaberMan felt his broke spike, like a piece of him was missing. SaberMan was annoyed at the notion of the move, that the first Gemini was so pissed he risked his own injury of the ridiculous move people stopped using generations ago.

“Did you just kick my brother through a window?!” The first Gemini, obviously protective of his brother, teleported forward just as SaberMan had returned to one knee, and kneed him right in the face, cracking the left side of his visor from the impact and returning to his back on the floor. “Are you okay brother?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. This guy’s a real DICK!” The second Gemini jumped into the frame of the shattered window as he spoke, both angry and excited as he did so. “Your arm?”

“Some major damage and limited use of my left arm. Hear that?” The first Gemini teleported closer to SaberMan again, just as he had rolled over and gotten to his hands and feet, the first Gemini kicked SaberMan in the midsection and sent him rolling to the other side of the room. “MY LEFT HAND ISN’T QUITE AS STRONG!

“Sorry princess… Heh…” SaberMan started weakly. “Want me to start going easy on ya?” SaberMan chuckled painfully, like he was just about run out of fight in him as he once again struggled to his hands and knees.

“I’ll kill him!” The second Gemini was once again over excited, and before his brother could calm him, the Gemini went rushing over to finish SaberMan. When he drew close, he formed a shield around SaberMan and rushed to make it close on him, crushing and killing the Master once and for all.

But, way faster than the second Gemini could prepare for, SaberMan rolled to his back, grabbed the hilt of his saber with his other hand, and aimed his saber right at the Gemini’s face.

BREAK-RAID!!!” SaberMan shouted as his saber glew with a glorious blue light and fire, shattering the second Gemini’s shield and blowing through his head, the sheer power of the attack blowing his body apart from the waist up, leaving no trace of his Soul or Integrated Circuit, which acted like a brain for Souls, left to be recovered and backed up into a new body. The second Gemini’s limbs, inner mechanical workings, and other shattered bits flew all over the room. The shot fired almost went and hit the first Gemini, who teleported away from it to leave the path of attack with all but a singe on his right arm where he narrowly dodged the attack.

At the horror of his brother’s defeat, the first and last remaining Gemini wailed loud enough for the whole battlefield around and below to hear.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John May 26th 2015, 12:42 am

Next chapter coming soon! Didn't like the one that I pumped out. Gonna regroup and re-bang out something that's more narratively satisfactory, with TEN TIMES the violence.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Metallic Knights - Page 2 Empty u

Post  Bad John August 27th 2015, 8:53 am

Pastoral broke the silence by sliding his visor down and into place. The metallic snap made Grenade's hand twitch, as the robot slid a bomb from the node on his palm to the palm of his hand. The enemy robots stood tense, as Pastoral grinned, waiting for one of them to make a move.

"Well? You have me outnumbered. Don't be scared. Make your move."

"You're gonna regret talking big. We're gonna put a dent in your frame for every dick-sucking syllable." Dynamo dug his boot into the concrete, waiting for the order from Gravity to spring into action.

Sonata stood behind him. To her credit, she was incredibly good at sneaking, hiding in plain sight without attracting attention. She was frantically thinking of a way to take them out all at once, but it was clear that this fight would be an asymmetrical skirmish. Pastoral looked over his shoulder, speaking to her. "Yo. ApacheWoman. Just jump one of them, and attack as hard as you can. If you get in trouble, call out, and I'll help you. Okay?"

"ENOUGH TALK!!!" Gravity pointed his finger, commanding his teammates to strike. "All of you!!! ATTACK NOW!!!"

Before anything more could be said, Grenade strafed left and tossed a pair of grenades. The green spheres bounced off the ground, hovering in the air in front of PulseMan and ApacheWoman, who both sprang in different directions, avoiding the searing heat of the blast. PulseMan stopped his fall with one hand, springing head over heels and landing on his feet. Athletic and fast as any robot, such a predictable attack would have never worked on him.

However, it was a feint; Dynamo moved behind him and pointed his hand. A large, garish, but fairly graceful and fast creation, Dynamo aimed the node on his palm, firing a bolt of blue energy. Pastoral dipped low, and the attack sailed over his shoulder. He had no time for a charged shot, but he fired two bursts from his right cannon. Both struck Dynamo center mass. "GAH!!!" The robot was knocked straight backwards, his chest armor singed.

The first strike went to New Harmony. Another pair of grenades landed in front of him. Grenade formed and lobbed them quickly, and soon there were three bouncing towards PulseMan. The robot master rolled his eyes, and leapt forward, the explosion blasting scorched craters into the earth around him.

"Is that all you have?!" PulseMan snarled and lifted his left buster, opening fire. The silver burst of energy missed Grenade by a hair, as the robot scrambled backwards, hiding behind a barricade of scrap metal.

Gravity, the leader of the assault, stood with his arms crossed. He rolled his eyes, and barked an order to his compatriots; "Shadow. Quick. Junk. Keep him occupied while I get ready."

PulseMan, noticing Gravity's prone status, turned both his busters towards Gravity, intent on killing him then and there. Unfortunately, he never got his chance; Junk moved in behind him.

A fairly large robot, built out of rusted metal around a powerful endoskeleton, Junk had physical strength in spades. He grasped Pastoral by the back of the helmet, lifting the robot into the air. "You should have paid better attention, human-lover!!!"

Junk's bluster was silenced when the robot master turned and planted a boot on his face, stomping him on the mouth and nose. The blow knocked Junk's grip loose, and freed PulseMan, who turned and fired into the robot's chest, knocking him over. Pastoral charged his right buster, intent on firing a point blank shot into Junk's chest.

"GET HIM!" Dynamo barked, firing an arc of lightning towards PulseMan. However, an aquamarine blur intercepted the strike. ApacheWoman blocked the electricity with her metallic tomahawk, electrifying her weapon. As Junk rose, she turned and swung her now sparking metal weapon, striking Junk across the chest and knocking him back onto his butt. PulseMan fired over Sonata's shoulder, striking Dynamo in the leg and knocking him to his knees.

Quick and Shadow approached. With incredible speed, they seemed to coordinate their movements. Quick leapt over Shadow, who moved fast and low, the two crossing a several meters in an instant. PulseMan fired on the both of them, but his buster-shots missed their mark. ApacheWoman watched with horror as they came.

"SONATA! RUN!" Recognizing the danger, Pastoral's first act was to usher Sonata to safety. If she fought these two, she would be destroyed. He retracted his busters, clenching his fists and charging to meet the two head on.

Shadow threw a kick, and Quick thrust a straight punch. PulseMan blocked the kick with his left arm, and the punch with his right shin, his grounded boot digging into the pavement beneath him. They were faster than him, and just as strong, but he was trained to deal with multiple, even opponents. He charged his right buster and fired straight forward. The both of them dodged, but the shot scattered them. As an unexpected bonus, it struck Grenade, knocking his arm off. "OWCH!!! GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!!" The green robot clutched his damaged shoulder socket, wincing.

Gravity simply snickered at Grenade's misfortune. "Hah. Dumbass. You shouldn't have been standing there. Just let Shadow and Quick handle it."

And handle it they did. PulseMan threw a straight jab, but Quick easily evaded the blow. He noticed Shadow behind him, and swung around, throwing a powerful kick. Shadow leapt over him, and threw a pair of thick, ceramic titanium ninja-stars. Pastoral ducked one then caught the other.

However, Quick struck him from behind. He threw a sharp, tiny boomerang that sliced PulseMan across the back. The robot turned to fire on Quick, but the red blur was already gone. Shadow threw a powerful wheel-kick, and smashed Pastoral on the side of the head, sending him flying several meters.

Sonata watched, partially terrified and partially outraged. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" She sprinted towards Pastoral, but a looming figure cut her off. Junk lifted both arms, swinging them down in an attempt to crush her. She leapt back, avoiding the blow, but tripping over a rock. Junk lifted his arm, and attempted to crush ApacheWoman then and there.

PulseMan's fist halted his progress. Clearing the distance in a heartbeat, he decked Junk hard, nearly breaking the robot's neck servos. Junk glitched, knocked off his feet and landing on his side. Quick and Shadow charged Pastoral, who was ready for them.

Knowing he couldn't win by going on offense, he cleared his mind and guarded. Listening to their footsteps and paying attention to their body language, the blocked repeated blows.

Quick approached from the front and threw a rapid-fire barrage of punches. Pastoral blocked with his arms, then planted his feet, throwing a punch of his own. Quick darted out of reach, perturbed. Shadow picked up the slack, throwing a kick as Pastoral ducked, backing up and engaging in a thunderous hand-to-hand exchange.

Quick mulled over the engagement. We were kicking his ass earlier, but now he's hanging tough. It's like he's learning as he fights. Quick watched as Pastoral blocked a punch from Shadow, and prepared his cannon to fire. Shadow leapt out of the way, as Grenade, sparking and enraged, pounced towards the robot master.

"DIE!!!" Grenade screamed as he lifted a single fist. Without his severed arm, he couldn't produce grenades anymore, so he intended to attack Pastoral with simple melee.

PulseMan blocked Grenade's punch, and caught his arm. The robot master threw Grenade over his shoulder and onto the ground. As the green robot rolled to his feet, Pastoral threw a kick that shattered Grenade's helmet, breaking it into pieces and tearing off a layer of his artificial skin.

With his buster charged, PulseMan brought back his arm, stepping forward to throw one of his favorite finishing attacks.

"GOLD KNOCK!" The robot master punched Grenade in the sternum, the blow attended by a burst of bright, sunny gold. The strike blew a clean hole in Grenade's chest. Grenade's body was devastated by the blow, sending him flying backwards. Offline, Grenade went limp.

Gravity, sighed, stepping forward. A mechanical whirr slowly began to amp up around him, the pavement cracking beneath his feet. "This is what he fucking gets for ignoring MY DIRECT ORDERS." Gravity waved his hand. "ALL OF YOU! DISENGAGE!!!"

Shadow turned to Gravity, nodding and leaping away from Pastoral. Quick sighed, and rolled his eyes. He sped away from Pastoral as well, shouting to Junk. "JUNK! Gravity's about to go on a rampage! Get clear!!!"

Junk stood, a bit worse for wear, but still pissed. He crept away, keeping an angry eye on Sonata and Pastoral as he moved several meters away from them.

Gravity lifted both hands, slowly levitating off the ground as a wry grin spread across his face. "Sorry for the delay, but it takes a while for the Graviton Generator to boot up. Now, I intend to come at you with my full power."

Pastoral wiped his visor. "I wouldn't have it any other way. If I beat you before you were ready to REALLY fight, then you'd cry to your friends that I cheated."

Gravity's smirk quickly dissolved into an angry frown. "...Poor choice for last words."

"That remains to be seen."

Pastoral fought on even footing with the dastardly Shadow and the perceptive Quick, and with an assist from Sonata, he even managed to get the better of Dynamo and Junk, and put the Kibosh on Grenade!!!

But, even in the face of danger, Gravity seems confident that if he goes all out, he'll crush Pastoral into a small cube! What mysterious power does the Graviton Generator possess, and can Pastoral find a way to shut it down?

What the fuck are Cavatino and Cresendo doing?! Where are Vesper and Solo?!

Find out next time, on Metallic Knights!!!

Minor continuity edit regarding that douche Hymn. I forgot he already won his fight in the previous chapter. My bad!

Last edited by Bad John on August 28th 2015, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John August 27th 2015, 10:16 pm

Chapter complete! The next one will come out soonish, so hold on to your socks! Pastoralfest 2015!
    It's Kruger
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger August 29th 2015, 12:06 am

“Brotherhood’s a tragic thing.” SaberMan lowered his bladeless arm. His usage of the Break-Raid attack left him without his saber for quite a while. This was his way of stalling. "The connection's strong. So strong it feels like the two of you can overcome anything."

As SaberMan spoke, the only remaining Gemini clenched his fist as tight as he could, the injury SaberMan gave him on his left shoulder causing the fist to tremble.

"But when you meet a threat that you cannot defeat..." Gemini teleported directly behind SaberMan, reading his right leg for a kick. As it went to land, SaberMan took the hit and grabbed Gemini's leg, spinning sharply and throwing him onto his back. "I bet the loss is unbearable."

Gemini looked over to his side, a large piece of his brother smoldered on the floor. Half of it was burnt, the other half the light blue/green that the two Gemini wore on their armor. It wasn't much, but it was the only piece of the second Gemini that could actually be held.

"What do you know! You're just a cold, unfeeling weapon! Nothing more!" Gemini put the burnt piece of metal in a compartment on his belt before he stood.

"I know." SaberMan chuckled.

"You... I'LL KILL YOU!" Gemini roared as he teleported to close that gap. He appeared in midair, leg drawn back for a powerful kick. SaberMan lept backwards, easily dodging the attack. As the thought, without the other, just one would be an easy fight. Even if Gemini still had his buster, SaberMan could tear him apart.

"I won't lie to you. My saber's drained right now. You've got about a minute before I cut you in half like the half-baked Malevolent you are." SaberMan, still in his combat mode, returned his saber's hilt into his arm, a hand forming in its place.

Without another word, Gemini began teleporting rapidly to disorient SaberMan before coming in on his left side for a high axe kick, meant to land on the top of SaberMan's head.

The dark blue robot master brought his left arm up, blocking the kick with his forearm. Before the negative effects of that kick could land him in trouble, Gemini teleported backwards to land and immediately teleport once more.

In an ill fated attack, Gemini teleported close to SaberMan's front once more, sending a powerful left hook, the very arm SaberMan practically crippled by impaling his left shoulder. Knowing this, SaberMan centered his weight, bent his right arm and put his fist next to his face, completely blocking the punch. Before Gemini could do anything, SaberMan straightened his arm, wrapped it around Gemini's and tightened his grip as he brought up his legs and pushed against his enemy's chest.

Screaming loudly in pain as SaberMan ripped his arm off, Gemini teleported in an attempt to get away. When he did, SaberMan came right with him, finally ripping the arm off as the teleportation completed. Gemini fell backwards as he cried out, placing his destroyed buster on his shoulder in a futile attempt to ease the pain.

"You know? I've got a brother." SaberMan said casually over Gemini's screaming. He threw the arm left in his hands to the side as he approached the defeated Malevolent. "And I'd love to finish you here, so you can join yours in... Wherever we go when we die."

SaberMan placed a boot on Gemini's right shoulder, putting all of his weight to hold the Malevolent down.

"But... We're not supposed to do that. Your brother was an accident, so I think they'll understand. But I've gotten in trouble with General before with mercy killing. So, I gotta smash your noggin open, rip out your Integrated Circuit, and turn it in. You understand."

Gemini, too delirious and in pain to respond, laid there and continued screaming as SaberMan slashed open his skull. When the master ripped out Gemini's Integrated Circuit, the screams stopped suddenly, and his body went limp. Now only aware within the confines of the chip, Gemini was as close to dead as New Harmony technically allowed. SaberMan placed the chip in a large, secure pocket under his armor's jacket.

Hymn exited his combat mode, removing his mouth guard and sheathing his energy mace and heavy buster. The victorious combat master stood over Knight, who laid on the floor, head cracked open from the impact of Hymn's mace, Integrated Circuit exposed. With a single boot, Hymn hovered over and crushed the chip, officially killing the Malevolent.

"One day, you're gonna have to decide whether you're a bad guy, or a good guy." Octave said, standing in front of the elevator, which had arrived without Hymn's knowing.

"Since there were two enemies up there, and my HUD only reads one enemy IC on you, sounds like it's a choice you'll have to make too." Hymn smiled as Octave walked closer to him calmly.

"Accident happen." Octave grunted as he passed Hymn.

"Tell that to the families of the people you killed back home."

"You know?" Octave started, stopping his walk to turn back towards Hymn, "I think I will."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 9:01 am