Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

2 posters

Fall of the Fourth wall.

Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Fall of the Fourth wall. Empty Fall of the Fourth wall.

Post  Shad0wChas3r March 18th 2014, 4:55 pm

So... again I found myself walking the ruins of our old home on Bungie.next. While I was bitten by the nostalgia bug, I came across the thread that made up the biggest spike of activity on the old board; The Fourth Wall is falling.

If any of your Database veterans remember the thread, this is the origination of John punching Manny in the face after a certain phrase was uttered. Leaving Manuel with a busted nose, torn newspaper, and a bad day.

It was the one thread where us Authors truly communicated with our own characters, and had some crazy antics. Whether it be an Easter special where Blaine wore an Easter Bunny costume armed to the teeth with shotguns hidden in the ears, or egg grenades in the basket.

Or where Spider-MAN was actually Maura, who was actually Claire in disguise. Where Jorge would pull up some bag pipes, and John would tell Jorge to knock it the fuck off, but Jorge would play anyways, and cause Maura to spill hot coffee on herself, leaving John to be ripped limb from limb.

Where we could truly have fun with nonsensical shenanigans, and to be honest, I miss those days :/ . Something was lost when we came here, and I dunno what it is. But I'm hoping that by bringing this topic back, we can perhaps have that fun again.

I know Moroni, Panther, I Ironman I, Splazer, and a lot of the other veteran members aren't currently here to take part, and there are no others like them. But if we at least make the attempt, and do our part to invite members, old and new, we could get back what we lost.

With that, I truly hope that you guys will use this thread for the sake of fun, and try to bring back the fun we had back then.
    Impanther
    Impanther

Fall of the Fourth wall. Empty Re: Fall of the Fourth wall.

Post  Impanther July 16th 2014, 11:07 pm

Shad0wChas3r wrote:So... again I found myself walking the ruins of our old home on Bungie.next. While I was bitten by the nostalgia bug, I came across the thread that made up the biggest spike of activity on the old board; The Fourth Wall is falling.

If any of your Database veterans remember the thread, this is the origination of John punching Manny in the face after a certain phrase was uttered. Leaving Manuel with a busted nose, torn newspaper, and a bad day.

It was the one thread where us Authors truly communicated with our own characters, and had some crazy antics. Whether it be an Easter special where Blaine wore an Easter Bunny costume armed to the teeth with shotguns hidden in the ears, or egg grenades in the basket.

Or where Spider-MAN was actually Maura, who was actually Claire in disguise. Where Jorge would pull up some bag pipes, and John would tell Jorge to knock it the fuck off, but Jorge would play anyways, and cause Maura to spill hot coffee on herself, leaving John to be ripped limb from limb.

Where we could truly have fun with nonsensical shenanigans, and to be honest, I miss those days :/ . Something was lost when we came here, and I dunno what it is. But I'm hoping that by bringing this topic back, we can perhaps have that fun again.

I know Moroni, Panther, I Ironman I, Splazer, and a lot of the other veteran members aren't currently here to take part, and there are no others like them. But if we at least make the attempt, and do our part to invite members, old and new, we could get back what we lost.

With that, I truly hope that you guys will use this thread for the sake of fun, and try to bring back the fun we had back then.

You forgot Cipher an Alaina always sneaking off during a conversation with authors. Dear lord the novelty of that and hybrid pie was classic.