Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Shad0wChas3r May 26th 2019, 4:36 pm

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

June 2019

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 29 on October 1st 2013, 12:09 am


    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Shad0wSpartan115
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Database Director

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2014-01-29
    Age : 24
    Location : On the UNSC Aura of Armaggedon.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Shad0wSpartan115 on January 29th 2014, 11:20 am

    Hey fellas, before you guys ask; this is Morgan, aka Shad0wChas3r. For whatever reason it may be, I cannot currently log in with my Shad0wChas3r account. Instead, I am brought to an adf.ly page. Once I try to return to the site from there, I still have not logged in, and attempting again only brings me back to it.

    With that said, if you guys find yourselves unable to do the same, do note that I am currently investigating this issue and will hope to have it resolved at some point in the near future.

    I have sent a message to one of the people over at Forummotion to ask for help with this issue. I would recommend backing up your stories, on the off chance that something needs to be reverted to a previous state. That means all of John's latest topics made within the last few days.

    Best of luck people, let's hope this issue gets fixed.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1225
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Bad John on January 29th 2014, 2:54 pm

    Fuckin' lame. I'll try to remain logged in, just in case anyone else ends up locked out.

    See you later. I'll be online tonight, so we can hop on some Mass Effect. Maybe we can get that dickhead Kirk to play with us this time.
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Database Director

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2014-01-29
    Age : 24
    Location : On the UNSC Aura of Armaggedon.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Shad0wSpartan115 on January 29th 2014, 2:59 pm

    Actually, do you mind checking something for me? At the bottom of the page it says 'Administrator Panel'. Could you please click on that, then find the tab called Groups?

    From there, you should be able to promote this account to Database Director. With that, I can potentially fix the problem myself.

    If that isn't possible/doesn't work, I'll be on the Xbox in a minute.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

    Posts : 279
    Join date : 2013-02-24
    Age : 21
    Location : classified

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  dragon of darkness on January 29th 2014, 4:26 pm

    I wasn't locked out unless you fixed it
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1365
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Great White North (Canada)

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Manny on January 29th 2014, 4:26 pm

    Weird. I got in with no problems at all. Maybe the issue has resolved itself? Or the people at forum motion got your message?
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Database Director

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2014-01-29
    Age : 24
    Location : On the UNSC Aura of Armaggedon.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Shad0wSpartan115 on January 29th 2014, 4:33 pm

    Fortunately, that's not how this bug works. It occasionally happens to ONE member of a forum and can be very frustrating. Few occasions involve more than one.

    The downside to this, however, is that my account is the 'Founder' of the forum. Not only does it inconvenience me, but it also makes it impossible for me to do anything to the site. Should something screw up, I'm locked out. Surely Manny and John are Admins, but there are some privileges that my account gets over the others.

    Hopefully things will be fixed before tomorrow, but I dunno.
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1365
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Great White North (Canada)

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Manny on January 29th 2014, 5:10 pm

    Shad0wSpartan115 wrote:Fortunately, that's not how this bug works. It occasionally happens to ONE member of a forum and can be very frustrating. Few occasions involve more than one.

    The downside to this, however, is that my account is the 'Founder' of the forum. Not only does it inconvenience me, but it also makes it impossible for me to do anything to the site. Should something screw up, I'm locked out. Surely Manny and John are Admins, but there are some privileges that my account gets over the others.

    Hopefully things will be fixed before tomorrow, but I dunno.
    Erm, so I attempted to change your rank.. and I got sent to some other website. While there... I saw an option called rank, and changed it.

    However, I'm not seeing the blue for your name...
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1225
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Bad John on January 29th 2014, 5:14 pm

    Morgan, I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I'm recalling something from waaaaaaaay back. A guy who would make an account similar to the Founder of the forum, and then pretend to be locked out. Once the suckers promoted him, he'd eradicate the forum.

    Before I promote this particular account, I'm going to need to VERBALLY confirm with you over Xbox live that you are, in fact, Morgan.

    No hard feelings, of course, but I'm a skeptic at heart, and we'll get this sorted out in a jiffy once I've confirmed your identity, of course. :P

    I know this is kind of an asshole move, but anything to protect the forum, and it isn't such a huge countermeasure that it's tearing your arm off. Still though, once again, sorry for the inconvenience. :\

    EDIT: Oh, Manny already promoted you. Well then, fair enough. I would advise us to be more careful with this kinda situation in the future, but since he appears to be Morgan, fair enough. I suppose my caution would have only wasted time anyway. :P
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1365
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Great White North (Canada)

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Manny on January 29th 2014, 5:29 pm

    Bad John wrote:Morgan, I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I'm recalling something from waaaaaaaay back. A guy who would make an account similar to the Founder of the forum, and then pretend to be locked out. Once the suckers promoted him, he'd eradicate the forum.

    Before I promote this particular account, I'm going to need to VERBALLY confirm with you over Xbox live that you are, in fact, Morgan.

    No hard feelings, of course, but I'm a skeptic at heart, and we'll get this sorted out in a jiffy once I've confirmed your identity, of course. Razz

    I know this is kind of an asshole move, but anything to protect the forum, and it isn't such a huge countermeasure that it's tearing your arm off. Still though, once again, sorry for the inconvenience. :\

    EDIT: Oh, Manny already promoted you. Well then, fair enough. I would advise us to be more careful with this kinda situation in the future, but since he appears to be Morgan, fair enough. I suppose my caution would have only wasted time anyway. Razz
    Caution is never wasted. Actually, if I had known that was your plan I wouldn't have done anything. No hard feelings Morgan.

    Anyways, I'm not really sure if the promotion WORKED... because it sent me to a different site. It had all of the information Database had... but I've never promoted anyone so I don't know if that's how it usually goes.
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Database Director

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2014-01-29
    Age : 24
    Location : On the UNSC Aura of Armaggedon.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Shad0wSpartan115 on January 29th 2014, 5:38 pm

    Manny wrote:
    Bad John wrote:Morgan, I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I'm recalling something from waaaaaaaay back. A guy who would make an account similar to the Founder of the forum, and then pretend to be locked out. Once the suckers promoted him, he'd eradicate the forum.

    Before I promote this particular account, I'm going to need to VERBALLY confirm with you over Xbox live that you are, in fact, Morgan.

    No hard feelings, of course, but I'm a skeptic at heart, and we'll get this sorted out in a jiffy once I've confirmed your identity, of course. Razz

    I know this is kind of an asshole move, but anything to protect the forum, and it isn't such a huge countermeasure that it's tearing your arm off. Still though, once again, sorry for the inconvenience. :\

    EDIT: Oh, Manny already promoted you. Well then, fair enough. I would advise us to be more careful with this kinda situation in the future, but since he appears to be Morgan, fair enough. I suppose my caution would have only wasted time anyway. Razz
    Caution is never wasted. Actually, if I had known that was your plan I wouldn't have done anything. No hard feelings Morgan.

    Anyways, I'm not really sure if the promotion WORKED... because it sent me to a different site. It had all of the information Database had... but I've never promoted anyone so I don't know if that's how it usually goes.

    I appreciate your skepticism John. It's what keeps this site safe. I'll gladly confirm to you that I am who I say I am.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1225
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Bad John on January 29th 2014, 6:16 pm

    Shadowspartan has been confirmed as Morgan. :P
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1225
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Bad John on January 29th 2014, 9:02 pm

    Hm. I can't seem to properly upgrade you, Morgan. Switching you between Superintendent and Freelancer doesn't change your powers, or your color.
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Database Director

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2014-01-29
    Age : 24
    Location : On the UNSC Aura of Armaggedon.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Shad0wSpartan115 on January 29th 2014, 9:09 pm

    Try under Groups, not rank. You have to switch me both ways, unfortunately. As weird as it is.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1225
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Bad John on January 29th 2014, 9:27 pm

    Alright. I tried modifying your permissions. Try to flex your shit a little and see what you're allowed to do. I THINK that might have done it.
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Shad0wSpartan115
    Database Director

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2014-01-29
    Age : 24
    Location : On the UNSC Aura of Armaggedon.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Shad0wSpartan115 on January 29th 2014, 9:39 pm

    BOOM! I am back gentlemen!! It'll be a while before Shad0wChas3r returns. But until Forummotion can actually do something about this problem, I am back!

    Now just to make this account more homely..
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1225
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Bad John on January 29th 2014, 9:54 pm

    Well shit. Good to see yer alive again. :]
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1244
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 24

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on January 30th 2014, 10:40 am

    Well now this is just too funny. This morning when I started using Shad0wSpartan, I thought I should at least attempt Shad0wChas3r to see if it works.

    Sure enough, I'm back in action baby!


    _________________


    \\'Boyo\\'

    Thanks for Reading!


    Sponsored content

    *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!* Empty Re: *IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ!*

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is June 18th 2019, 9:39 am