Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» TWFF Btyes.
by Bad John November 10th 2017, 1:54 am

» Arrowheads
by Bad John November 9th 2017, 11:30 pm

» Sentinel; Invasion
by Shad0wChas3r November 6th 2017, 8:18 pm

» Writer's Roundtable
by Bad John November 5th 2017, 8:28 pm

» Origins: Reclamation
by Shad0wChas3r November 4th 2017, 6:27 pm

» Discuss Anything
by Manny September 12th 2017, 9:22 pm

» Global Defense Alliance Kaiju Dossier
by Impanther September 3rd 2017, 5:35 pm

» Final battle: Eyes of Noivern: Short story
by Impanther August 20th 2017, 6:21 pm

» New project trailer
by Impanther July 12th 2017, 7:32 pm

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 29 on October 1st 2013, 12:09 am

Final Words (A Freelancer's Sermon).

Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Final Words (A Freelancer's Sermon).

Post  Bad John on January 29th 2014, 1:24 am

John's final thoughts while awaiting execution. Inspired by something I read earlier in the month.

...I was a Freelancer. You may know us as your enemy, but we fight with a belief in justice. Peace. We fight for something that so many people have only dared to dream of. We fight to light the dark for other people.

If fighting for a world where your CHILDREN are safe is a capitol crime, I guess I deserve to die. I've killed so many people, that I don't really deserve to have any regrets.

Even so, I was almost satisfied with what I've done so far.

I just wish I could have changed your minds. Yes, I'm talking about you. The executioner. The ones in the stands, watching. Waiting for the man behind me to cut me down. The ones who burned our planets for so goddamned long. The ones who watched safely from orbit as men, women and children burned.

You who are so powerful and satisfied with your capacity for cruelty. You found anger in your hearts because you never had a chance to find love.

I thought we were all coterminous. That all of us were one. Variations of one another under different circumstances. That in order to forgive myself, and rinse the blood from my hands, that I had to forgive you.

I know now that I was WRONG. I'm different than you. I always have been.

I've known love that defies definition. I was raised and held by a mother. I felt the breath of my wife as we shared a bed. I've held our child in my arms.

I've had the never-ending support and camaraderie of teammates and friends. I've locked arms with a best friend. I've embraced my brothers in arms.

I've seen compassion in the eyes of species who I once thought heartless. I've befriended Jiralhanae and Sangheili alike. I watched the two shake hands before my eyes.

You'll can't take away those memories from me, even if you burn me alive here and now. And you will NEVER take the memory of ME from my loved ones.

The Dream of the Freelancers will never die. You'll only be snuffing me out today.

My only mistake was believing I could change your minds. For believing that I could share light with those who are so mired in black, dripping, howling dark.

You've burned worlds, and snuffed out millions of lives like they were nothing. You've turned vast fields of grass and grain and life into deserts of glass.

You're depriving a mother of her son. You're robbing my friends of a comrade. You're forcing a wife to wonder when her husband is coming home. You're taking a parent from MY CHILD, just like you orphaned ME.

I WATCHED YOU RAPE MY WORLD FOR YEARS.

I thought someday I could change you with words. Fuck you. You've finally made me GET IT. You've proven me wrong, are you happy?! Fuck all of you! I should have joined the Legion and worked to WIPE YOU ALL OUT. Fuck every last one of you!!

FUCK YOU!!

YOU HAD BETTER PRAY TO ALL THE MURDERED DEMONS OF REACH THAT I DON'T GET LOOSE FROM THESE CHAINS!! FUCK ALL OF YOU!! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!! I'LL DO WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE FROM THE START!!!

WE'LL STOP YOU NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES, GODDAMMIT!! I'LL PERSONALLY RISE FROM THE DEAD TO MAKE YOU BITE THE CURB IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES!! YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING STOPPED!! FUCK YOU!!

FUCK ALL OF YOU!!

...Fuck...

...I'm so fucking angry...

...Because I forgive you.

Because I know the Freelancers will continue doing the right thing as best they can. Because I know you'll understand someday. Because I'm not convinced that you're heartless.

Because when I'm gone, I'll watch my friends and loved ones move on, and keep building towards the sky. I'll be fighting with them to kick your ass every time you reach up to drag them down.

I can see the world they'll make when I close my eyes.

And it's so beautiful.

Current date/time is November 18th 2017, 10:30 am