Halo Database

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» *URGENT* Announcing plans for the future of the Database and Community. *URGENT*
by Impanther April 22nd 2020, 2:36 am

» Discuss Anything
by Impanther March 24th 2019, 2:30 pm

» Power Rangers: Legacy of the Dragon
by Impanther March 23rd 2019, 5:31 pm

» Sentinel; Good, Bad, and Ugly.
by Shad0wChas3r March 9th 2019, 10:46 pm

» Legacy: Zero Hour
by Shad0wChas3r February 8th 2019, 3:20 pm

» A.C.E.S Full Series
by Impanther January 21st 2019, 7:08 am

» Origins: Final Hour
by Shad0wChas3r April 18th 2018, 1:06 am

» 3rd Party Hosting issues
by Shad0wChas3r March 26th 2018, 11:43 am

» Writer's Roundtable
by Impanther March 24th 2018, 1:12 pm

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 200 on April 10th 2021, 9:38 am

5 posters

Gunslinging Bird.

zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Gunslinging Bird. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gunslinging Bird.

Post  zman007playr November 17th 2013, 9:32 pm

"Then it looks like we gots an agreement." Lee said, rubbing his boot heel into the spot of chewing tobacco on the ground. "Now, John, I'd like to apologize for mine, and....his actions just now," he sat down back in his chair. "So, you gots a job fer us, well, lets get to discussin' 'fore something else goes to shit down here."
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 17th 2013, 9:50 pm

"Esto gringos están loco..." Luis mumbled in Spanish. Eduardo gave a small chuckle, watching the arguement. These were the people that made America "great"? Eduardo doubted it, it was the common folks. Not people with an unhealthly amount of pride for where they were born.

Eduardo, however amusing he found the arguement, didn't want to waste any more time.

"Si, now that the soldiers have calmed down... Perhaps you can tell us what the job is?" Eduardo asked.

"Yeah. Us professionals would like to talk business," Luis added, referring to himself, Eduardo, and John.
    Bad John
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Bad John November 17th 2013, 10:18 pm

John raised his eyebrow, remembering his purpose here. He stood at the table, and put both palms on it.

"About a month ago, this bar got shot up." John spoke calmly, sitting in his chair. "I was involved in the gunfight. I shot two men dead, and strangled a third, in self defense, iffn you got a problem with that, Sheriff." He turned his head towards the Sheriff, then continued.

"The reason for the shootout was a woman who had come to the bar. She was unsure that going to the law for protection was wise, so she heard about, and came, to me. She offered me one hundred thousand dollars to make sure she got on a certain train a few miles North of here, and rode to Washington without incident. She was worried that a certain party intended to apprehend her."

John smiled. "She had dark brown hair, and sounded like she was a foreigner. From England. Real hoity toity and important. You get the picture. So, due to her good looks and money, I was inclined to assist her."

The mercenary's expression darkened. "Then, the party interested in her capture appeared, and things got...interesting. They opened fire on everyone in the bar but her. I narrowly avoided death, and fought back. There were three at first. I handled them." John recalled blood splashing the wall as he took his first shot. He remembered incapacitating the second attacker with a barstool, and shooting him dead. He recalled beating the third nearly to death, and when the man pulled a knife on him, John had put hands on his throat and squeezed. It was one of his more...HEATED debates, but far from the worst.

"Then, two more arrived. A woman, and a man. The woman was real slim. The man was built like a house of bricks. Damn near NINE feet tall. I shit you not, when I shot him, he shrugged off a high-caliber bullet like it was nothing." John stated the facts rakishly. "When I punched him, it was like slugging a bank vault. When I bit him, I could swear when his skin broke, I tasted crude oil instead of blood. Needless to say, he beat my happy ass damn near to death. The woman, the slender one, however, was ESPECIALLY scary." John showed true fear when he thought of her. "...I managed to get a shot off at her, and it hit her in the head. She was still alive. I got her between the eyes, and she was STILL ALIVE. Once again, I am not bullshitting you, she survived a bullet to the skull."

John turned back to the Sheriff. "I'm not sure what the law did to investigate, but when I came to, the woman was gone. Califur Greene, was her name. Those bastards took her."

The mercenary stood, and paced. "Let me be perfectly fucking clear. My first objective is to get that woman back. I'm not wanting for money, but I want to stage a rescue out of SPITE for the bastards that took her, and kicked my ass, but with those two MONSTERS around, I may need backup."

John took a swig from his canteen, and continued. "My sources state that Cali was taken east of here, to a decent sized mine. There's quite a bit of manpower down there, but she's alive. If you throw in with me, I'll pay you to give me a hand in takin' her back."

"But when we encounter those two, I want them dead." He leaned forward. "I don't want my intention to be too mired in subtly, so let me tell you, I want them DEAD. Not incapacitated, not arrested. I want their heads totally removed from their bodies."
    Shad0wChas3r
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

Post  Shad0wChas3r November 17th 2013, 10:28 pm

"Well this sure is somethin' I wasn't expecting, comin' down here." Paul replied, taking his hat off and scratching the back of his head. "Yeah, I was one of the lawmen that responded after the bar-fight. 'Course, Redwater's about a half a day's ride from here. So's of course I didn't get to see anyone that fits yer description. But I think I was the one that tended to cleanin' up yer mess. T' be honest with you, I can't blame you, let alone incarcerate you, just 'cause you defended yerself an' the lady."

"I ain't gonna help for the money, I'm fightin' this to take these bastards out. Especially if theys gonna terrorize my people. I don't take kindly to that." Paul nodded.

"You've got my guns and my permission as head law-man round these parts to do what's necessary, 'slong as innocent people ain't involved. Any trouble comes our way in the form of the law, I have the authority to call them off." Paul continued. " An' if you want, we can get into contact with my ol' friend from my time in the service. Name's Robert Wayne, one hardassed sumbitch with a drive fer Justice. Once a rifleman in my platoons in the war, he's become a helluva Gunslinger and a Cowboy. Hell of a shot, I seen him shoot a silver dollar from a barn window about fifty feet away, dead center. You want a sure-shot, he's yer man."
    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

Post  zman007playr November 17th 2013, 10:33 pm

"Ol' Union Jack here's got yer sharp shootin, me, Johnny Reb's got yer firepower.  I can get E Batt up here with all the cannons and supplies you could use or want, course, I might need t' "requisition" somethin' to lug these sons-a-bitches round with."  

Lee stood up and looked over towards the sheriff.  "Goin' t' have ta ast ya fer some help on that part.  My boys got everything out battery had fer we took off, but we aint mo-bile.  And, you boys are in fer a real nice treat when you see what this army's packin!"

"Course now, I aint too damn greedy, ta hell with the pay fer now.  I am a soldier got dammit! I'm offerin my soivices t' ya fer this here belle.  A'int no place for nobody to be harmin a lady."

He turned his attention back towards the sheriff "Now I know what you're thinkin here pardner, I'll just wait till this is over and arrest this sumbitch.  Now, listen, I ain't a harmin no innocent people, an' I never did, you let me go, and I might just reckken I put my shootin days behind me. T'won't me that shot up yer family, and I damn the man who did, but I am a gentleman, now I s'pose we can git 'long, do this right, and come out as well, acquaintances, course now that don't mean I'll drop my colors."

He stuck his hand out "Whaddya say, pardner?"

Last edited by zman007playr on November 18th 2013, 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Manny
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny November 17th 2013, 10:59 pm

"I'll help you recover the lady, and incapitate the two people you're looking for, but you'll have to finish them off. It ain't my place to take another man's life. That's for Dios to decide, and him only. If that means less pay, then so be it" Eduardo replied, very seriously. Someone needed his help, and he'd be willing to do it... But he didn't come here to kill.

Luis snorted in reply. "Fine by me. I'll save the lady, AND kill these folks you're talking about. I'll even kill them in a specific way if you want... If I get his reduction added into my pay," Luis said pointed at Edurado.

"Other than that, I'm ready to go. All I need are these revolvers and my horse. Fastest gunslinger in the west, expert at taking down entire gangs single handedly. Edurado over here ain't too bad with a gun himself, though he doesn't use quite properly," Luis said, getting up.
    dragon of darkness
    dragon of darkness

Post  dragon of darkness November 18th 2013, 1:21 am

Damien walked up to the bar for a job but carefully looks at the bar, inspecting it, for any way out or for an attack before going in. the place seemed normal except for a few bullet holes and blood spots on the walls. 

Damien looked at the barkeep who seemed to know what he came here for and pointed to the basement. 

Damien nodded and walked over to the door and heard someone say, he doesn't use quite properly , before opening the door and walking down slowly. 

"Am late?" Damien asked, holding his hands up 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 2:28 am