Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» Sentinel; Invasion
by Shad0wChas3r September 14th 2017, 6:34 pm

» Discuss Anything
by Manny September 12th 2017, 9:22 pm

» Writer's Roundtable
by Bad John September 12th 2017, 12:26 pm

» Global Defense Alliance Kaiju Dossier
by Impanther September 3rd 2017, 5:35 pm

» Origins: Reclamation
by Shad0wChas3r August 30th 2017, 2:05 am

» Final battle: Eyes of Noivern: Short story
by Impanther August 20th 2017, 6:21 pm

» New project trailer
by Impanther July 12th 2017, 7:32 pm

» Godzilla: Gods and Demons
by Impanther July 12th 2017, 6:14 pm

» TWFF Btyes.
by Bad John June 20th 2017, 11:13 pm

September 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 29 on October 1st 2013, 12:09 am


    Foxy Breakdown

    Share
    avatar
    foxyfoxy90

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2013-08-02
    Age : 21
    Location : Earth

    Foxy Breakdown

    Post  foxyfoxy90 on August 7th 2013, 11:05 pm

    I would like to give a least a little bit of a lowdown on my chunk of the halo universe.  It’s very confusing at times for me and is hard to fit into the canon universe but I am trying my best.  As for which instillation it is on I am leaning for Instillation 07. However am still researching the crap out of it. As I said before I really try to make my stuff plausible as possible and try to keep shark jumping to a minimum.  I have no idea how to start this by the way but…. Anyway here I go bare with me!  

    (Please Excuse Grammar Mistakes T3T )


    My universe is in the most basic words, a halo in which “Spartans” live on, they  gather together in large/small groups called clans, and battle over territory and other such things. They are very advanced fighters more so then regular Earth UNSC Spartans on par with master chief Spartan 117 or better.   They also are integrated in forerunner tech and are able to move freely through facilities.

    Now onto more detail.

    The background on how this place became to be is the four original Spartans came to the ring world 400 years ago due to space-time slip. Unable to return home they lived and reproduced on the Halo. After sometime they began exploring the tech and found beings in there more closely to human AI’s. They helped then thrive on halo even more so. Now on there are thousands of Spartans living and fighting there still along with these AI’s.

    A.I. Detail
    Everything on Halo is run by AI’s although on Halo they are referred to as Fairies. Tech, Defenses, Daily life and even reproduction is in Fairy hands. They them selves are “human” minds and are hardly manufactured like Earth AI’s. Sometimes even former Spartans, depending on the way they die, can be converted into an Fairy by transferring the mind into the Forerunner network. Fairies are companions, advisers, and leaders to normal Spartans and almost act like parents at times.

    Fairies are categorized into 3 groups. Supreme Fairy, Great Fairy, and Fairy.  The Supreme Fairies over see everything and have absolute control over everything on halo. Great Fairies are head of clans and other similar groups along. Fairies have little power but are assigned to a single Spartan or a small squad of Spartans and act like a supervisor or guide.

    Fairies like human AI’s are able to go rampant and insane, however they have a way to compensate with this. Draining. Draining like it’s name suggests is a way of saving an AI from being terminated.  The AI, once confirmed as being rampant, is drained of all memories and data. The only thing that remains is their name, their duties and how to do then. Everything else is sent to the data stream in the network were it can be accessed by all other AI's.

    Fairies, on a side note, can take the shape of either humanoid, animal, or other figures and are rarely left blank. They also can deck themselves out with clothing and other such novelties.

    Birthing/ Reproduction of Spartans.
    Reproductions of Spartans is almost never done naturally. Instead they are in a sense “test tube babies” they are created by stringing random DNA together and incubating them in Nurseries. Once they are able to walk and comprehend simple things they are ‘hatched’ (around 6 months). They are then about the age equivalency of a 10 year old child. They are then taught practical knowledge and most importantly combat skills. All throughout the time in the Nursery they are assessed by the Supreme Fairies and carefully annualized individually. Once fully grown adults at the age of 1 year they are to be assigned to a clan in the coming of age ceremony. All clan leaders are present during this great assigning. Spartans are placed in the clan most suitable to there skills. This is also the time were Fairies are assigned to an individual or group of Spartans.    

    When Spartan are brand new to clans they are referred to as infants this goes for new AI’s as well. Most Spartans will grow up along with there Fairy as they both learn about the real world together.

    Note: Infant Spartans are very playful and sociable but once they experience death and killing on missions they will become more distant and mute.  A quote from a fairy to fairy conversation about being assigned to infants.
        Rache - “I’m watching over a group of hyper active children….”
        Clip - “Heheh, don’t worry all their childlike wonder will be RIPPED from their hearts when they finally experience real death and killing for the first time. :3”

    Clans, Vagabonds, and Rouges.

    Clans are the main thing on Halo and basically rule the roost. Spartans have a higher success rate in all fields while present in a clan. Clans are lead by a Great Fairy and a high ranking Spartan called a king or queen. They over see the clans progress and members. There can be well over hundreds of member in a single clan or down to as little as 2 members. Member numbers  mostly depend on various things such as, duties carried out, rank specifications, and Coming of age ceremony.  

    Ranks are important to clans they all want to be number one on the charts, high ranking equals more missions and recognition.  Ranking is dependent on a multitude of things with in a clan over each Spartan and Fairy in it. They take into consideration mission success  rates, deaths, losses, and victories along with over all skill on the battle field.

    Clans have a main base of operations their home base were all their members can rest and receive missions. However they may have multiple bases across halo.  
    Clans can be in alliance with each other or could be in an all out war, or perhaps just a simple rivalry. Also Spartans can be members of multiple clans they are called Clan Hoppers and are severely frowned upon, they are considered untrustworthy.

    Vagabonds are legally individual Spartans. They may just be in between clans or just flying solo. They have a low success rate and are very venerable to attacks to neighboring clans. All in all it is best to be a member of a clan.

    Rouges are illegally alone are outlawed. Being under no watch they often commit acts against clans and other facilities. They usually have large bounties on their heads and are heavily skilled in combat.  Most are KOS Kill on Site, killing rouges often brings great rewards to a clan/Spartan.

    Missions and Currency

    There is a form of currency in the way of points. Points are earned by either missions or strait up transfer.  Missions range in difficulty, A being the hardest and E being the easiest (often assigned to infants). The harder the mission the more rewards/points given.   Points can be used to upgrade and buy armor, weapons, and vehicles.(Also used to deck out AI’s with various accessories but not really recommended or common)  

    Food
    Instead of regular food Spartans are given a small tablet or food pill. These food pills are all a Spartan needs to grow and stay healthy keeping them at just the right amount of body mass and nourishment. Each food pill set is specially formulated to the individual Spartan. They only need one a day along with water. (Note: Food pills expand in the stomach to keep them feeling full)



    Important Notes Clans and People

    There are a few important land marks clans and people that are famous through out halo.



    The High Way
    The high way is a large flat road floating high above halo that runs the entire ring on a single road. It was built by the Great Fairy of Iron clan in order to make travel easier and swifter. However it is the exact opposite and is a death trap. No one uses it and they stay clear of the high way, but is never taken down or damaged in anyway.  

    South Side
    South ride is the south part of Halo and gets a bad rap for housing prissy and  homosexuals. It is used as an insult to anyone there and for the most part is just  a joke.  “What are you from south side? --_--”

    The Network
    The net work is the net that runs through out halo that Fairies access massive amounts of data on just about everything.

    Behavioral Correction Facility
    This place is dreaded by all Spartans. If the behavior of a Spartan is seen as unfit (hurting/killing team mates, not following orders, more sociopath then normal Spartans) they will be sent here as and attempt to correct the behavior. 9 times out of 10 it will work and the Spartan will return to its duty, however if they fail the evaluation exam they will be terminated and killed.

    Mendels
    Mendels are Spartans with a defect that makes them weaker then other regular Spartans. They are the equivalent of a normal human, such as simply taking a UNSC Marine and throwing them in armor. They only have a life expectancy of no longer then 10 years and usually die in battle. However they do have there own clan Mendel Clan.

    “Furries” and Half “Furries”
    During some experimentation in Nurseries the thought of  testing and splicing animal DNA crossed their minds. Taking the traits of animals and combining them into Spartans would improve battle traits. The tests were successful however it came at a cost, horrible mutants with animal characteristics. Furries and half furries. They behave like regular Spartans only more animal like.

    Common Mutations.
    Halo is filled with radiation and  it messes with human DNA to an extent. Common mutations occur such as hair color (blue pink red purple multi-color), skin discoloration (Green, yellow, blue, pink), different color eyes.

    Rouges Black Bandit and Crazy Horse
    Black Bandit and Crazy Horse are the most famous of all the rouges on Halo. They have insanely large bounties on there heads. Black Bandit is a major thief as his name suggests and  usually does what ever it takes to get what he desires, such as killing, back room deals, and  so on. He is a KON. Crazy Horse is a mentally unstable killing machine. He is unreasonable and known for his ruthless tactics and his white smile. He can take out entire clans in a night leaving painted messages in blood. He is a do not engage type. “If you see Crazy Horse your already dead.”


    JetToxic Clan
    They are number one on the Ranks and are the largest clan over 1400 members. They are ruthless and allied to no one they take land my forces and have one messed up looking Great Fairy. (A small white cat). They are disliked by mostly all clans and are growing at a swift pace.

    Iron Clan

    This clan is the top at manufacturing vehicles, weapons and armor, almost everything comes from Iron clan.

    Fairy Clan
    This is and all female clan that lives deep underground in the caverns.

    Audio Clan
    This clan is known for there music and radio frequency hacking skills. If you come close to there base or members your con will drop and cease functioning.

    Other Known Clans
    Fire Clan
    Aqua or Wave Clan
    Sun and Moon Clan
    Fructose Clan
    Wasp Clan
    Arkadian Clan
    Dos Clan
    Black Fox Clan
    Snow Clan
    Spirit Clan
    Blood Clan
    Sky  Clan
    Wolf Clan
    (There are to many clans to count)

    More Current History
    They were once allied with the Covanent but when they encountered the UNSC the Covanent “betrayed halo” Everyone one on halo is still very bitter towards the Covanent for doing so.  Currently then are in an Spartan exchange program with the UNSC. Infants are usually the ones to be sent (to grow up) in exchange for UNSC’s Spartans. Halo Spartans often have perfect case records while not a single UNSC Spartan has returned alive.



    I will post more when I have time this is only a nutshell version of my probably not so original universe. I am open for critiques and suggestions on  this. Also feel free to use this I would be honored if you did. Very Happy


    Last edited by foxyfoxy90 on August 7th 2013, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Meh)
    avatar
    foxyfoxy90

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2013-08-02
    Age : 21
    Location : Earth

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  foxyfoxy90 on August 7th 2013, 11:07 pm

    I hope I posted in the right category by the way. n_n;
    avatar
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1212
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Bad John on August 7th 2013, 11:16 pm

    Hm. Very imaginative. None of us have done anything CLOSE to this, in terms of bending the universe to suit them, save for a Halo/Fable crossover we had at one point.

    I can't say I'm enamored with the idea, but it's pretty interesting, and when you come out with more content, I'll certainly read it or participate. :D

    Speaking of universes, our shared Halo Canon isn't exactly like Halo Canon you might know either.

    If you ever want a rundown of the Database's Halo canon, let me know, and I'll be happy to give you a crash course. You can even make a character and participate in it if you want. :)Until you feel like doing that, feel free to do your own thing.

    Also, I'm not TECHNICALLY sure you're in the right category, but...none of us really care, so I ain't moving the thread. We're pretty lax about rules, as long as nothing gets broken.
    avatar
    foxyfoxy90

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2013-08-02
    Age : 21
    Location : Earth

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  foxyfoxy90 on August 7th 2013, 11:53 pm

    Bad John wrote:Hm. Very imaginative. None of us have done anything CLOSE to this, in terms of bending the universe to suit them, save for a Halo/Fable crossover we had at one point.

    I can't say I'm enamored with the idea, but it's pretty interesting, and when you come out with more content, I'll certainly read it or participate. Very Happy

    Speaking of universes, our shared Halo Canon isn't exactly like Halo Canon you might know either.

    If you ever want a rundown of the Database's Halo canon, let me know, and I'll be happy to give you a crash course. You can even make a character and participate in it if you want. :)Until you feel like doing that, feel free to do your own thing.

    Also, I'm not TECHNICALLY sure you're in the right category, but...none of us really care, so I ain't moving the thread. We're pretty lax about rules, as long as nothing gets broken.

    Thanks I'll try to add to it. I would love to hear about the DB Halo canon it might help me around these parts. :3
    avatar
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1212
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Bad John on August 7th 2013, 11:56 pm

    I'll give you an explanation in the immediate future (next hour at most). I'm working on something right now.

    Anyone reading this, I got this covered.
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1180
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on August 7th 2013, 11:58 pm

    This count's as miscellaneous Halo theme John Razz . This thread does belong here, because it's not traditional Halo Content. Technically, our stuff isn't either, but this content is much more imaginative, and is more detached from 'traditional' Halo.

    I skimmed a good portion of it, but when I get a chance, I'll definitely sit down and go through this. Kinda sounds like the Warriors cat themed books I read quite a few years back. Very interesting, I'll definitely keep an eye on this.


    _________________


    \\'Boyo\\'

    Thanks for Reading!

    avatar
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1350
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : The Great White North (Canada)

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Manny on August 8th 2013, 1:13 am

    You read those too Morgan?! Awesome, and I wholly agree.

    Anyways, this is quite imaginative and I'm really digging the fusion between primitive and advanced.

    Advanced technology, with primitive societal rules. Somewhat like the Covenant but instead of a medieval European society it's more like Native American.

    One TEENY TINY detail... The feeling of full in our stomachs isn't necessarily related to volume of food. Hunger is created by lack of nutrients which is why our body naturally asks for more.

    Which is why one plate of chicken will fill someone up more than the equivalent amount of food in cotton candy. Chicken has more nutrients.

    Therefore, the pill's expansion won't really do much in terms of hunger. But if that shit's packed with nutrients it's all good.

    On an another note... That correctional facility is in dire need when it comes to online Halo multiplayer!
    avatar
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1212
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Bad John on August 8th 2013, 1:19 am

    Alright. There are a few main differences between the Halo canon and the Halo Database Canon.

    Here they are.

    Characters.

    Our Original Content characters exist, and influence the timeline. That much is obvious, since it's our fiction.

    Freelancers

    An illustrious, wealthy Doctor named Billy-Jean Bailey decided to do something to turn the tide of the Human-Covenant war. She wanted to make soldiers that the people could rally behind, and would have a positive impact on the world.

    She was given a small group of Spartan III children, which she named Whiskey Company. She privately funded, trained, and supplied them with armor, food, shelter, and love. Some died in battle, but the remainder went on to be true war heroes during and after the war. Given advanced armor, and only fielded when they were at an age when they were accustomed to their augmentations.

    She soon began a program called the Freelancers, a Private Military Company that specializes in Humane dealings, like building homes for both humans and aliens, providing asylum seekers shelter, and search and rescue operations on glassed planets or destroyed homes.

    The Freelancers also possess some of the best fighting Spartans out there, including Jorge (who survived his slipspace incedent through a weird turn of events), John B694 (the plucky protagonist of my series), and Linda (The Spartan II leader of the Freelancer's Spartan division).

    The Horsemen

    War, Famine, Death, and Pestilence exist as personified characters, War being a master in all theaters of war, Famine being a shapeshifting, mentally unstable cannibal, Pestilence as sickly, yet genius biological warfare expert, and Death as an aloof, intelligent, yet arrogant immortal being.

    The Legion

    Like the Freelancers, the Legion is a PMC, but in many ways, the Legion is the Freelancer's opposite number.

    Striving for the advancement of mankind, the Legion strives to defeat the Covenant and preserve the human race at any cost, no matter how cruel.

    The Legion is led by War, and the rest of the horsemen are agents of the Legion as well. Manuel, a Spartan II, is second in command of the Legion.

    The Rising Tide

    The Rising Tide is a mysterious, Ex Covenant mercenary organization that serves as a ubiquitous, shady antagonist. They exist to subvert and destroy man, no matter the cost.
    avatar
    foxyfoxy90

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2013-08-02
    Age : 21
    Location : Earth

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  foxyfoxy90 on August 8th 2013, 10:18 am

    Manny wrote:You read those too Morgan?! Awesome, and I wholly agree.

    Anyways, this is quite imaginative and I'm really digging the fusion between primitive and advanced.

    Advanced technology, with primitive societal rules. Somewhat like the Covenant but instead of a medieval European society it's more like Native American.

    One TEENY TINY detail... The feeling of full in our stomachs isn't necessarily related to volume of food. Hunger is created by lack of nutrients which is why our body naturally asks for more.

    Which is why one plate of chicken will fill someone up more than the equivalent amount of food in cotton candy. Chicken has more nutrients.

    Therefore, the pill's expansion won't really do much in terms of hunger. But if that shit's packed with nutrients it's all good.

    On an another note... That correctional facility is in dire need when it comes to online Halo multiplayer!
    I love combining things, leave no one behind! X3 As for the the native Americans I incorporated Crazy Horse into here because he was a really interesting guy. He is one of my favorite characters in my cavalcade, he's the equivalent of taking Johny the Homicidal Maniac timing him by 10 and throwing him in spartan armor. Very Happy
    I guess your right with the FP thing. n_n;
    And yes I'm pretty sure 98% of the online players can take a trip there. -_- I can't tell you how may times my team mates will kill each other or me for no good reason. Most of which are little kids... *sigh* it's hard to find mature players now a days.
    avatar
    foxyfoxy90

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2013-08-02
    Age : 21
    Location : Earth

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  foxyfoxy90 on August 8th 2013, 10:25 am

    Bad John wrote:Alright. There are a few main differences between the Halo canon and the Halo Database Canon.

    Here they are.

    Characters.

    Our Original Content characters exist, and influence the timeline. That much is obvious, since it's our fiction.

    Freelancers

    An illustrious, wealthy Doctor named Billy-Jean Bailey decided to do something to turn the tide of the Human-Covenant war. She wanted to make soldiers that the people could rally behind, and would have a positive impact on the world.

    She was given a small group of Spartan III children, which she named Whiskey Company. She privately funded, trained, and supplied them with armor, food, shelter, and love. Some died in battle, but the remainder went on to be true war heroes during and after the war. Given advanced armor, and only fielded when they were at an age when they were accustomed to their augmentations.

    She soon began a program called the Freelancers, a Private Military Company that specializes in Humane dealings, like building homes for both humans and aliens, providing asylum seekers shelter, and search and rescue operations on glassed planets or destroyed homes.

    The Freelancers also possess some of the best fighting Spartans out there, including Jorge (who survived his slipspace incedent through a weird turn of events), John B694 (the plucky protagonist of my series), and Linda (The Spartan II leader of the Freelancer's Spartan division).

    The Horsemen

    War, Famine, Death, and Pestilence exist as personified characters, War being a master in all theaters of war, Famine being a shapeshifting, mentally unstable cannibal, Pestilence as sickly, yet genius biological warfare expert, and Death as an aloof, intelligent, yet arrogant immortal being.

    The Legion

    Like the Freelancers, the Legion is a PMC, but in many ways, the Legion is the Freelancer's opposite number.

    Striving for the advancement of mankind, the Legion strives to defeat the Covenant and preserve the human race at any cost, no matter how cruel.

    The Legion is led by War, and the rest of the horsemen are agents of the Legion as well. Manuel, a Spartan II, is second in command of the Legion.

    The Rising Tide

    The Rising Tide is a mysterious, Ex Covenant mercenary organization that serves as a ubiquitous, shady antagonist. They exist to subvert and destroy man, no matter the cost.
    This sounds really neat. :0 But The Legion and Rising Tide sound like ruthless bunch and kinda scare me, wouldn't want to tango with these guys. As for the Free Lancers, Spartans need love too! Embarassed Coolio all in all. Very Happy 

    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

    Posts : 137
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : Blacksburg, Virginia

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  zman007playr on August 8th 2013, 10:57 am

    hmm nice cannon there foxy Smile I can't wait to see some more of this Smile
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1180
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on August 8th 2013, 12:10 pm

    foxyfoxy90 wrote:
    Bad John wrote:Alright. There are a few main differences between the Halo canon and the Halo Database Canon.

    Here they are.

    Characters.

    Our Original Content characters exist, and influence the timeline. That much is obvious, since it's our fiction.

    Freelancers

    An illustrious, wealthy Doctor named Billy-Jean Bailey decided to do something to turn the tide of the Human-Covenant war. She wanted to make soldiers that the people could rally behind, and would have a positive impact on the world.

    She was given a small group of Spartan III children, which she named Whiskey Company. She privately funded, trained, and supplied them with armor, food, shelter, and love. Some died in battle, but the remainder went on to be true war heroes during and after the war. Given advanced armor, and only fielded when they were at an age when they were accustomed to their augmentations.

    She soon began a program called the Freelancers, a Private Military Company that specializes in Humane dealings, like building homes for both humans and aliens, providing asylum seekers shelter, and search and rescue operations on glassed planets or destroyed homes.

    The Freelancers also possess some of the best fighting Spartans out there, including Jorge (who survived his slipspace incedent through a weird turn of events), John B694 (the plucky protagonist of my series), and Linda (The Spartan II leader of the Freelancer's Spartan division).

    The Horsemen

    War, Famine, Death, and Pestilence exist as personified characters, War being a master in all theaters of war, Famine being a shapeshifting, mentally unstable cannibal, Pestilence as sickly, yet genius biological warfare expert, and Death as an aloof, intelligent, yet arrogant immortal being.

    The Legion

    Like the Freelancers, the Legion is a PMC, but in many ways, the Legion is the Freelancer's opposite number.

    Striving for the advancement of mankind, the Legion strives to defeat the Covenant and preserve the human race at any cost, no matter how cruel.

    The Legion is led by War, and the rest of the horsemen are agents of the Legion as well. Manuel, a Spartan II, is second in command of the Legion.

    The Rising Tide

    The Rising Tide is a mysterious, Ex Covenant mercenary organization that serves as a ubiquitous, shady antagonist. They exist to subvert and destroy man, no matter the cost.
    This sounds really neat. :0 But The Legion and Rising Tide sound like ruthless bunch and kinda scare me, wouldn't want to tango with these guys. As for the Free Lancers, Spartans need love too!  Embarassed Coolio all in all. Very Happy 
    Oh they are. Legion is all Manny's creation. We helped him develop the other three Horsemen that help make part of Legion, but he's the one who patented the idea, and if you read Manny's stuff, you'd see just how ruthless they really are!


    _________________


    \\'Boyo\\'

    Thanks for Reading!

    avatar
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1212
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Bad John on August 8th 2013, 8:57 pm

    The best way to get to know all of our characters at once, Foxy, is to read (or participate in, if you like) the Collab. Razz
    avatar
    foxyfoxy90

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2013-08-02
    Age : 21
    Location : Earth

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  foxyfoxy90 on August 8th 2013, 9:16 pm

    Bad John wrote:The best way to get to know all of our characters at once, Foxy, is to read (or participate in, if you like) the Collab. Razz
    I have been surfing around and giving your things a read. It'll defiantly check it out soon. Very Happy....I don't want to participate I would mess it up or something. Embarassed

    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

    Posts : 137
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : Blacksburg, Virginia

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  zman007playr on August 8th 2013, 9:25 pm

    Oh don't be afraid of that, hard to mess up things round these parts Razz Just read through the OP and get acquainted with the story and find a good spot to hop in Razz I have a collab going right now in need of some more writers if you'd like to join up
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1180
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on August 8th 2013, 9:28 pm

    BAH! You could NEVER ruin a Halo Database collab *Unless your name is Spud, cough*. Never feel that you aren't good enough to be a contributor alongside us. As we've said before, we're not experts here, just a few friends that like to write about a Universe they have a passion for.

    If you feel like it, give it a try! There is still time before the gears really get moving! And even then, you can join at any time!


    _________________


    \\'Boyo\\'

    Thanks for Reading!

    avatar
    foxyfoxy90

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2013-08-02
    Age : 21
    Location : Earth

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  foxyfoxy90 on August 9th 2013, 7:28 am

    Shad0wChas3r wrote:BAH! You could NEVER ruin a Halo Database collab *Unless your name is Spud, cough*. Never feel that you aren't good enough to be a contributor alongside us. As we've said before, we're not experts here, just a few friends that like to write about a Universe they have a passion for.

    If you feel like it, give it a try! There is still time before the gears really get moving! And even then, you can join at any time!
    Mmmm, I might give it a shot in the future. For now I'll just throw up my own stuff. Very Happy *Cough what did Spud do?* X3

    zman007playr
    ONI Operative

    Posts : 137
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : Blacksburg, Virginia

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  zman007playr on August 9th 2013, 9:06 am

    Spud was the great de railer.....no matter how hard we tried to keep it on topic, he would destroy it....every....single....time
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1180
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on August 9th 2013, 9:10 am

    Long story short, we deployed onto a planet, he found a crystal that could single handedly defeat the covenant, and he deployed an explosive that would shatter the entire planet, just for the hell of it, with our Spartan's still on the ground.


    _________________


    \\'Boyo\\'

    Thanks for Reading!

    avatar
    foxyfoxy90

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2013-08-02
    Age : 21
    Location : Earth

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  foxyfoxy90 on August 9th 2013, 4:37 pm

    Oh dear, He sounds horrible. :< More like a troll actually.
    avatar
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1350
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 22
    Location : The Great White North (Canada)

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Manny on August 9th 2013, 4:42 pm

    Nah, Spud was an actual writer.

    His character's background went something like this:

    Captain America like dude doesn't wake up until the Halo timeline and is given Spartan augments after being thawed out.

    Then he was given a human A.I. that was somehow more advanced than Forerunner A.I.

    His reasoning was that his character was supposed to be better than anyone else's.

    Which is fine...as long as you keep in within your own "universe". We developed a rule afterwards saying that if you wish to overpowered God-like protagonists, then it might be best for you write your stories in solitude since participation caused friction.

    We haven't had any problems here however Smile
    avatar
    foxyfoxy90

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2013-08-02
    Age : 21
    Location : Earth

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  foxyfoxy90 on August 9th 2013, 8:09 pm

    Manny wrote:Nah, Spud was an actual writer.

    His character's background went something like this:

    Captain America like dude doesn't wake up until the Halo timeline and is given Spartan augments after being thawed out.

    Then he was given a human A.I. that was somehow more advanced than Forerunner A.I.

    His reasoning was that his character was supposed to be better than anyone else's.

    Which is fine...as long as you keep in within your own "universe". We developed a rule afterwards saying that if you wish to overpowered God-like protagonists, then it might be best for you write your stories in solitude since participation caused friction.

    We haven't had any problems here however Smile
    I don't wish to sound rude and probably have no room to talk but, that sounds like the most lary due character I have ever heard of. And also he sounds like a god modder. :C
    avatar
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 1212
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : A box in the United States.

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Bad John on August 9th 2013, 8:17 pm

    Yeah, that he was. >_>

    Well, I certainly learned from the "choices" he made. I try to make my character a remarkable fighter, being a Spartan, but enemies in the Halo universe are all formidable in their own way. Very few creatures are "cannon fodder," and everything is a threat.

    That, and he has weaknesses of his own, be them physical or mental. Otherwise, there's no tension or spice.
    avatar
    Shad0wChas3r
    Database Director

    Posts : 1180
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 22

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Shad0wChas3r on August 9th 2013, 9:37 pm

    That's something I actually have to learn myself on my next go around with my characters, whomever they are. Blaine was an interesting character, but it's time that we have them beaten, broken, and lose some battles.


    _________________


    \\'Boyo\\'

    Thanks for Reading!

    avatar
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

    Posts : 336
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : 'murica.

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  It's Kruger on August 9th 2013, 11:13 pm

    People also seem to forget the part of the Spu stoy where I tried to give the fool advice and he told me off, told on me to Shadow, and then proceeded to make a shitty, interesting story that faded into obscurity weeks after telling me he was a legit writer with novels released.

    Sorry. I just get so angry whenever I think about it... I just... I just wanna send Spartans on a planet and then blow it up!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Foxy Breakdown

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is September 20th 2017, 5:14 am