Welcome to the Halo Database! A creative community where all fandoms are celebrated and shared! Sit back, relax, and let the creative juices flow!

Latest topics

» TWFF Btyes.
by Bad John November 10th 2017, 1:54 am

» Arrowheads
by Bad John November 9th 2017, 11:30 pm

» Sentinel; Invasion
by Shad0wChas3r November 6th 2017, 8:18 pm

» Writer's Roundtable
by Bad John November 5th 2017, 8:28 pm

» Origins: Reclamation
by Shad0wChas3r November 4th 2017, 6:27 pm

» Discuss Anything
by Manny September 12th 2017, 9:22 pm

» Global Defense Alliance Kaiju Dossier
by Impanther September 3rd 2017, 5:35 pm

» Final battle: Eyes of Noivern: Short story
by Impanther August 20th 2017, 6:21 pm

» New project trailer
by Impanther July 12th 2017, 7:32 pm

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 29 on October 1st 2013, 12:09 am

The End Of The Lancer [OTD]

It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

The End Of The Lancer [OTD]

Post  It's Kruger on July 22nd 2013, 5:19 am

So, yeah. The Lancer is done and over with. It was a lot of fun writing, even if I gave up on entire arcs on the way to the end there. But, this is a discussion on stuff, but also a Q&A if you have any. I'm famous for plot holes bigger than Kanye West's Ego, so anything you'd like to point out or anything, jam it here 'cause I'm locking the story Thread and deleting the user comments. For storage purposes.

I love you guys.

And I love me.

Do whatever I said ^
    Bad John
    Freelancer Operative

Re: The End Of The Lancer [OTD]

Post  Bad John on July 22nd 2013, 11:02 am

Hm. Do you plan to do anything with the continuity later on, like collabs, or continuations of his story?

Vance is my favorite Halo related character you've written, and I'll miss the dude.
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny on July 22nd 2013, 12:16 pm

Wait... How was killing Colin a show of "mercy" when he was broken and defeated?

Wouldn't sparing him be more of a hero thing?
    It's Kruger
    Freelancer Operative

Post  It's Kruger on July 23rd 2013, 2:20 pm

I was referencing te standard good guy mercy kill that happens a lot in pop culture. If not a mercy kill, it's a passive agressive environmental kill during a long, over the top action scene. Whereas the bad guys always either seem to have either dramatic kills that drive the story, or long, painful, heartless kills cause their bad.

Vance decided not to show mercy.
    Spoiler:
    So, instead of shooting Colin and killing him quick-like, he had him suffocate. But, just how pathetic Colin was provoke something like mercy in Vance. So he knocked him out, ending the pain whilst he suffocates.

And, no. It wouldn't be possible to let him live. Letting Colin live would e like killing Mace Windu and sparring Senitor Palpatine. He's too dangerous to be left alive.
    Manny
    Freelancer Operative

Post  Manny on July 24th 2013, 12:15 pm

Kruger 2521 wrote:I was referencing te standard good guy mercy kill that happens a lot in pop culture. If not a mercy kill, it's a passive agressive environmental kill during a long, over the top action scene. Whereas the bad guys always either seem to have either dramatic kills that drive the story, or long, painful, heartless kills cause their bad.

Vance decided not to show mercy.
    Spoiler:
    So, instead of shooting Colin and killing him quick-like, he had him suffocate. But, just how pathetic Colin was provoke something like mercy in Vance. So he knocked him out, ending the pain whilst he suffocates.

And, no. It wouldn't be possible to let him live. Letting Colin live would be like killing Mace Windu and sparring Senator Palpatine. He's too dangerous to be left alive.

It's a matter of opinion I guess. From my personal point of view, a hero always chooses life over death.

Look at Batman. He should have killed the Joker a LONG time ago but he didn't, because he's a hero. It's what makes him different than his enemies.

So in my opinion, life over death is always the hero's path. Mercy killings are just someone's way of trying to justify their murder.

Don't get me wrong, killing Colin was the smart thing to do but I don't see it as the right one. At least not one that can be classified as a "hero type" action

But in the end Vance made the death long and painful... Just how I like them Twisted Evil 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is November 18th 2017, 8:09 pm